XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Projects (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   mini z killer (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20033)

ae86boy 01-17-2011 02:06 PM

mini z killer

so as you can see from my title i am working on a xmod that can beat or stay with a mini z on the track.

FIRST: batteries
before: regular enercell 850 mah rechareables:(
after:http://xmod35

zippo855 01-17-2011 02:25 PM

Links no good. And please put some pics up. Its also going to take quite a bit more than batteries to hang with a z.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 01-17-2011 02:28 PM

You should put a Z-board in it, then hack the chassis so you can put a z rear end on it... once that is good, put a Z front end on it and get an autoscale to top it off.

acerpower 01-17-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) (Post 267208)
You should put a Z-board in it, then hack the chassis so you can put a z rear end on it... once that is good, put a Z front end on it and get an autoscale to top it off.

Yes that, plus Z wheels and tires too.
Then, and only then will you have a chance.:bigwink:

color0 01-17-2011 06:19 PM

It's not impossible to build a Z-killer out of Xmods mechanicals, but 1) you'll need a really hot motor to make up for the drivetrain losses, 2) you'll need THE BEST electronics you can find to even compete with the new Mini-Z MR03, and 3) you'll need to completely re-engineer the front and rear suspension, using at least a few Mini-Z AWD parts. Then you have a chance.

bosco72 01-17-2011 07:08 PM

I have a 2.4 board in mine Ma-010 rims gpm knuckles.It works a 100 times better then a stock

XMDrifter 01-17-2011 07:17 PM

you need to buy the front end, rear end, and middle parts of a mini-z and fit them onto your xmod along with the driveshafts and knuckles and a mini-z board and radio and hot mini-z motor llinked to a 2x2 mini-z fet stack and mini-z wheels and tires and mini-z bearings and a mini-z body. then you will keep up with a mini-z in your xmod that has essentially been replaced by a mini-z

WhiteCharisma 01-17-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XMDrifter (Post 267221)
you need to buy the front end, rear end, and middle parts of a mini-z and fit them onto your xmod along with the driveshafts and knuckles and a mini-z board and radio and hot mini-z motor llinked to a 2x2 mini-z fet stack and mini-z wheels and tires and mini-z bearings and a mini-z body. then you will keep up with a mini-z in your xmod that has essentially been replaced by a mini-z

lololololol i couldn't help but laugh at your list of parts XM hahaha

Another thread about a Z killer..... still hope someone can make one.

But if I had the money, I would say its possible, only with a Gen 1 chassis (very light weight.)

If your car is an Evo though, you will have trouble reducing weight because of the battery tray, rear pod, etc.

All that excess plastic is hard to get rid of on an Evo car but a Gen 1 can be stripped to bare minimum so if you can get it light weight yet stable with some nice electronics from a Mini-Z, it would be able to keep up with one.

Lots of stuff go into a "Z-killer", hopefully you can do it :D

bosco72 01-17-2011 09:47 PM

You don't need all those parts.The evo is not that much heavier then the MA-010 if you want to race a MR-02 for get it you will never win.But a MA-010 u have a chance.My car is almost done im waiting for xxxmod to come out with the MA-010 front for the evo and my car will be done.Thats my 2 cents.

XMDrifter 01-18-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteCharisma (Post 267226)
lololololol i couldn't help but laugh at your list of parts XM hahaha

aww man. i was hopin' i'd get sig'd. lol

anyways, it's not cost effective trying to make a mini-z killer with an xmod. you'd end up spending more than what it takes to build a mini-z before you get it to beat one

hiitzmike 01-18-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XMDrifter (Post 267237)
aww man. i was hopin' i'd get sig'd. lol

anyways, it's not cost effective trying to make a mini-z killer with an xmod. you'd end up spending more than what it takes to build a mini-z before you get it to beat one

exactly... you will more or less spend more or the same trying to make it "as fast" fun to try hehe thats what were all about lmao

TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 01-18-2011 09:10 PM

It can be expensive.. or at least when compared to a Z not cost effective.. But this is Xmodsource, and we love to spend rediculous amounts of $$ on our Xmods. How many times do we have to say a Z is better than an Xmod... I think we all realize that, it is kinda a mute subject. But as far as a Z killer.. with certian mods, against a stock or close to stock Z ... it can be done.. Its just a metter of. If you want to spend the $$ or not.. It is the fun of the build and a challenging impossible one is the best kind.... mod on.

Action B 01-18-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XMDrifter (Post 267221)

I LOVE this post. I'm so happy.:D