XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Fundraising Ideas? (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17820)

Sweed 10-05-2009 07:23 PM

Fundraising Ideas?

My old high school's Robotics team is in desperate need to raise quite a bit of money for the enterance fee to the compition, then another few thousand to build the actual robot.

And they're completely lost on how to raise funds for it, in a involving way (for the members of the team and the community) that's also safe.

Anyone have any ideas?

123Vette 10-05-2009 07:54 PM

we just went around and tried to get various donations from companys. we showed a presentation of what we did/do and hoped theyd give us somthing... we got anough money that were going to atlanta this year 100%

lol 10-05-2009 07:55 PM

Take a survey of what people really want to be handy available at school, then see which ones you can sell.

merc3des 10-05-2009 07:57 PM

Advertisements. If you can advertise in any way, to any company, use it. My highschool sells full page ads in the yearbook for $700 ea, and we usually get up to about $250,000 from Sept. 28th, to October 18th. Give each person that sells an ad a 10% cut, and you have some incentive.

How you wanna refine the idea, and advertise, is up to you :)

texan_idiot25 10-05-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweed (Post 239229)
My old high school's Robotics team is in desperate need to raise quite a bit of money for the enterance fee to the compition, then another few thousand to build the actual robot.

And they're completely lost on how to raise funds for it, in a involving way (for the members of the team and the community) that's also safe.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Sell kikain
-Prostitution
-Present your idea to companies in hopes of sponsorships
-Rob banks
-Illegal **** fighting ring
-BBQ
-Car show
-Stealing cars
-Sell candy

taiwanesekid05 10-05-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 (Post 239235)
-Prostitution

That one always works.

Something you can do (this is what I'm doing with Academic Decathlon) is ask a coach or something to see if you can help sell tickets and take some of the donation, or at least ask if you can set out a donation jar during some basketball or football games.

Or sell some pot.

Either works.

winner 10-05-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 (Post 239235)
-Prostitution
-Rob banks
-Illegal **** fighting ring
-Stealing cars

i like these ideas!

but for band (im in drumline) we sell fruit, and it actually brings in some good money

65mustangrock 10-05-2009 08:34 PM

my school sells candy for fund raisers. their like boxes of 40 candy bars for a $ each. hershey bars, skittles, reeses, that stuff. and trust me they sell. and fast. and the back of a hershy wrapper see if there is a phone number and call and ask for fundraisers.

imnotmikal 10-05-2009 09:14 PM

I had to come up with a fundraiser idea for Ag Class my freshman year.
At the time, the Interact Club from our school was having a "Free Hug" day.
So, me and my group actually went that day, and did "Deluxe Hugs for $2."
We stole the idea from this video.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

kendallcschm 10-05-2009 10:10 PM

jip people... lol and advertise

Sweed 10-05-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65mustangrock (Post 239245)
my school sells candy for fund raisers. their like boxes of 40 candy bars for a $ each. hershey bars, skittles, reeses, that stuff. and trust me they sell. and fast. and the back of a hershy wrapper see if there is a phone number and call and ask for fundraisers.

We have problems with people walking off with the money, but in general, the club makes somewhere in the range of $400 a week selling candy when they do sell. Except we need to raise closer to $1500 a week.

winner 10-06-2009 07:17 AM

lol win the lottery?

JDMDUDE 10-06-2009 11:02 PM

why don't you try selling cookies or chips

monsterhunter 10-06-2009 11:10 PM

why dont you try to get like a paint ball thing going or something. ive always wondered if it would work. talk with a paint ball place(if ones near you) and get prices then have people pay like $10 more then the regular price, and have the school go paint balling as like a field trip probably be able to make a lot a money off that if you sort it all out right. but thats just my way of thinking, but if that happened in my school, i know a lot of people would probably like it.

winner 10-07-2009 07:46 AM

does'nt krispy kream have a fund rasing thing? because alot of people would buy donuts