XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Modification (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   how do i do this!!! its feakin me out!!!! (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16494)

xxmoderxx 04-13-2009 04:57 PM

how do i do this!!! its feakin me out!!!!

ok. i got an xmod that has li-po. its super fast. it ran for like a month. now when i turn it on the car doesnt turn or go forward/backward. i did not drive in any deep water. the only time i drove in water was by accident but nothing but the tires were wet. i double checked and it ran right after. plz help mee!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

im srry if this is the wrong section. im new :P

THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED. the problem was that the lithium wire was loose. i couldnt see it cuz it was covered in heat shrink. lol i feel stupid xP

reaper 04-13-2009 05:10 PM

if you havent charged the liths for a wile they may have droped below the safe voltage and therefore will no longer work

try some other batteries , if they work its your liths , if they dont it could be the fets or a looose wire

kendallcschm 04-14-2009 06:44 AM

lol.. what he said.. maybe you should recharge your liths :-P

xxmoderxx 04-14-2009 03:28 PM

i charged em up. i even overcharged them by accident. they still dont work.

p.s. i kno how to work liths :)

TheB1GDude 04-14-2009 03:36 PM

Do you have a multimeter? That would be the easiest way to work out where power is being lost... otherwise your liths might just be totally dead and no longer hold a charge or you might have a loose wire...

rcxmoddagger 04-14-2009 05:14 PM

could be a circuit board issue, even the little bit of water that you ran on ur tires could have shorted something out. check ur servo wires and battery connectors.

xxmoderxx 04-15-2009 03:26 PM

ok i did almost everything. i charged em and switched the crystals and motor. now it goes for like 30 seconds then it starts to decelerate. idk wats wrong.

xxmoderxx 04-15-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheB1GDude (Post 219670)
Do you have a multimeter? That would be the easiest way to work out where power is being lost... otherwise your liths might just be totally dead and no longer hold a charge or you might have a loose wire...

no i dont think so idk wat that is.

snowboi1289 04-15-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxmoderxx (Post 219793)
no i dont think so idk wat that is.

Its a small device, you put 2 small prongs on the battery ( the negative side and the positive side), and then it will tell you a reading in volts. Something just like this, you can get the analog one or the digital one, http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2999093 . They sell them at Radio Shack, http://www.radioshack.com/family/ind...goryId=2032305 .

Next time you turn it on, and go foward, hold a volt meter on the motor,hold down the throttle (its prolly easier to tape it), make sure its taped on full throttle, if it gets one reading, then its not your circuit board its your motor. If it gets different kinds of reading at the same time, then its either your FET's, or your batteries. Thats the best help I can give you, thats just my experince, from what I've learned from blowing FET's, blowing motors, never had liths though, but over powering the motor will basicly ruin it. If you can still turn very good for a long period of time, but the motor doesnt move like it should, then it would either have to be the motor itself or your motor FET.

xxmoderxx 04-15-2009 06:19 PM

oo im gunna ask ma dad i think he has one. the instructions that u posted, is that for the multimeter?? if not can u post instructions on how to use it???

xxmoderxx 04-15-2009 08:58 PM

ok now im sure my liths are chaged. they work. i found out that the the motor was missing a brush. i think that was the problem. idk how but yea. now i dont get a good connection. this is madness!!!! anyone know how to fix it?? i replaced the transmitter. and crystal. nothing. it only works it wants to. when i first turned it onit didnt have anything i moved further away and i got a connection for about a second. then i tried it from all points of my room.

XMDrifter 04-15-2009 09:47 PM

replace both brushes at the same time.
and when you put the armatures back into the motor, be sure you hold the brushes apart and then slide the armature into the endbell before releasing the brushes so that your communator doesn't break your newly installed brushes.

snowboi1289 04-15-2009 10:01 PM

You might have let the atenna touch the negative or postive side of the motor wires, because that can fry your range. Its best to just replace the motor that you have no with one that doesnt need FET's upgrade, but will withstand the power from the liths.

xxmoderxx 04-16-2009 03:31 PM

i have a modified stage 2. but now its jus the range idk wats wrong. doo i need a new board??

to dontspamme: i have an evo. wat and where on the board are these. i might have one from a previous board. also i dont have any amount of range. not even a inch. it works when i get in a certain spot. can u post or email me pics. ma email is [email protected]

dontspamme 04-16-2009 10:26 PM

Evo or Gen 1 ? Assuming Evo, you probably have fried the range. About how far are you getting with it ? You'll need to replace the inductors with some other ones. If for Gen 1, then get the range repair kit found on AM.