XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Real Cars: Full scale (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Battle of the Race cars, NASCAR vs. Prototype (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16506)

texan_idiot25 04-15-2009 04:21 PM

Battle of the Race cars, NASCAR vs. Prototype

Battle of the 1980s Titans, Porsche Prototype VS. Chevy Stock car! Place your bets as to which can post the fastest top speed in the oval track.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...scar/240-1.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...scar/240-2.jpg

Will the technologically superior, and aerodynamic Porsche Prototype out muscle the all American stock car? Or will mechanical simplicity and brute force plunge ahead? Find out Sunday!

*****, discuss, and more importantly, vote!

rcxmoddagger 04-15-2009 04:24 PM

i think the posche would come out on top. #1, its way lighter than the monte carlo. it has more bhp and torque, its a smaller engine, and its mid engined.

TheB1GDude 04-15-2009 04:24 PM

Hmmm interesting... I think I am going to have to go with the Porsche....

snowboi1289 04-15-2009 04:33 PM

I'm going with the Monte Carlo, of course. But I hate the nascar models (Aero), dont like the rear window. I've seen them race on the internet, and I'm surprised. I dont recal seeing the Porsche.

[/size="1"] I know the reason why you put this up here texan, because I own a Monte Carlo, and you wanted to annoy me with another thread.[/size]

I would say it will be close, but I've never seen the Porsche on the track, at least I ddont remember seeing one. Its like I know there there, but I never pay attention to look at the individually.

texan_idiot25 04-15-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowboi1289 (Post 219804)
e reason why you put this up here texan, because I own a Monte Carlo, and you wanted to annoy me with another thread.[/size].

No, I have this old magazine with an interesting article. With two polar opposite race cars aiming for the same goal. Every month or so I put up at least one discussion post in the car section for fun. I have several old mags with comparisons that you won't find online, so why not make a little game out of them?

Quit your *****ing or leave, it's a simple thing.

Donziikid 04-15-2009 05:14 PM

Monte Carlo. Those suckers were quick.

jimmythekid1 04-15-2009 06:25 PM

the most interesting part of this to me is that you could build a hendricks stock car for 70K in the late 80s

mr.hotrod 04-15-2009 06:36 PM

the monte carlo because we beat germany in WWII didnt we?

taiwanesekid05 04-15-2009 06:40 PM

I coulda sworn I've seen something about this article before and I think the Carlo won... I could be wrong... It was something about speed and everything.

ling427ttvette 04-15-2009 07:42 PM

God I love the 80's Nascars. http://forums.entensity.net/images/s...iannaughty.gif

mustanglover 04-15-2009 09:41 PM

carlo wins because of the folgers sticker on the hood.

XMDrifter 04-15-2009 09:58 PM

the porsche.
lighter, more powerful, more aerodynamic, mid-engine, better balance, shorter wheelbase, wider, lower, more torque, more gears, better suspension, bigger brakes, more precise fuel delivery, modern steering system, better tire selection.
that's what tips me in the porsche's favor

4banger 04-15-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustanglover (Post 219876)
carlo wins because of the folgers sticker on the hood.

Lol that's hilarious. I'm down with that.

TheB1GDude 04-15-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.hotrod (Post 219828)
the monte carlo because we beat germany in WWII didnt we?

Actually if you knew your history and by history I mean really history not the fake stuff kids get taught in American schools you'd know that America arrived right at the last minute of WWII and tried to take all the glory.... maybe if you hadn't been so busy bombing Japan you could have lent a hand.... anyways I'm still going with the Porsche and now tex has added the voting thread thats where my vote is.... definitely two totally different cars I'm just hoping that its not an oval track as we all know that old muscle cars suck at turns.....

texan_idiot25 04-15-2009 11:25 PM

Europe sure as hell wasn't making a ton of progress with out the surge in troops and fire power from the US. Nazis got pretty far in their take over plan.

But then again, you guys had to deal with the French. Their so smart, they mounted their machine guns SOLIDLY to a base. Meaning, they could not aim their guns... Only shoot in a straight line... So count them as a liability.

FloydfanYodaman 04-15-2009 11:57 PM

i voted for the ol guy...i was always taught to respect your elders...

fiberworkz 04-16-2009 09:33 AM

I voted for the Monte, as we all know NASCAR takes place on an oval track.:bigwink:

THE EDJ 04-16-2009 12:12 PM

A true performance vehicle is good at everything; acceleration, speed, braking, and cornering. The stock car can go fast in circles and in a straight line... big deal, I can make a Honda Civic do that. True performance shines in the bends, and the Porsche will take that one hands down.

The Porsche gets my vote.

Tmaxxn3 04-16-2009 12:47 PM

I say, Monte carlo b/c all the ricers know more stickers equal more power there for...
Monte carlo - 83ish decals 83x25=2075 extra hp making it a total of 2715 bhp,
Porsche- 38ish decals 38x25=950 extra hp making it a total of 1650bhp,
1 decal = 25 hp, you do the math..
I dont think the weight of the car is going to have much effect with that much power, or at least in my demented little world it dont..

Donziikid 04-16-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE EDJ (Post 219938)
A true performance vehicle is good at everything; acceleration, speed, braking, and cornering. The stock car can go fast in circles and in a straight line... big deal, I can make a Honda Civic do that. True performance shines in the bends, and the Porsche will take that one hands down.

The Porsche gets my vote.

I'd agree with you if the track was techinical, but according to Texan, we're looking for the fastest oval time. :shrug: Either way it's a toss up. They're both darn fast and probably capable of nearly the same times.