XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Electronics (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Scion not going foward (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20360)

1FasImp 10-28-2011 02:32 PM

Scion not going foward

I installed 2x2 stackec FETs on my Scion TC, it worked great. But after having a head on collision with the lawn mower wheel, it stopped moving foward. I took the board off to get a better look at it. I didnt see anything ( even comparing with another board). So decided to put it all back together. After I did, I found out that the peice where the crystal goes is loose. When I pushed down on it the wheels would go foward, and when I let off of it they would stop ( I tried this many times). I was going to fix it today, by appling pressure to it and heat up the solder. But I tested it again today ( just to make sure thats what is causing the problem) and got nothing.

Can anyone help with the troubleshooting?

Thanks

civicblack10 10-29-2011 06:46 PM

Probably knocked the crystal holder lose. I would heat up the two solder joints and see if that helps. If not check the forward fets, make sure there not burnt or shorting.

1FasImp 10-29-2011 07:22 PM

ok. I will do that.

1FasImp 10-30-2011 11:13 AM

Well doing that didn't help. I took off the FETs and check them. They were good. I put it back together. Now I have decided to send it off to atomic mods.

reaper 10-30-2011 05:19 PM

woh woh hang on
you have already diagnosed the problem and your obviously a capable solderer to remove and refit fets

so why waste money sending it to atomic mods ?

its either a bad connection on the crystal holder or the crystal itself is damaged (or both )

1FasImp 11-01-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper (Post 270900)
woh woh hang on
you have already diagnosed the problem and your obviously a capable solderer to remove and refit fets

so why waste money sending it to atomic mods ?

its either a bad connection on the crystal holder or the crystal itself is damaged (or both )

Lol. its a little late, I already did it. I want to make sure everything is ok with the board ( just in case).

I thought it would be the crystal, so I tried it in another one of my xmods and it was good. So now Im baffled :scratch: .

winner 11-01-2011 09:18 PM

for the price atomic is going to charge you could have bought like 3 xmods boards...

1FasImp 11-02-2011 04:25 AM

Ill see what they have to say about it. If its something I can fix then ill buy the part and have them send it back so I can repair it.

XMDrifter 11-02-2011 04:48 PM

hope you get it fixed soon. if not, maybe would be better off switching to a mini-z board and remote? more precision is nice.

1FasImp 11-02-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XMDrifter (Post 270910)
hope you get it fixed soon. if not, maybe would be better off switching to a mini-z board and remote? more precision is nice.

Me too. I was thinking of put one in the 08 skyline I just bought.

1FasImp 12-08-2011 02:10 PM

So its been 5-6 weeks since i sent my Scion to AM, and i still havent heard anything from them yet. I keep checkin my AM account for updates, and my email (even my spam folder), and still nothing. I see in their FAQs it says it will normally take 2-3 weeks before they to get to the car. I must be one of the abnormal ones. Lol. So i emailed them yesterday asking about my order. Now im just waiting on a reply.

I got a quick question, for those who got their xmods repaired by AM. How long did it take for them to get to your Xmod.

Hey Xmdrifter, which remote do i need if I install a mini-z board in my xmod?

winner 12-09-2011 09:52 AM

I don't think any of us have used atomic

Depends what board, if you go 2.4GHz the cheapest is a $80 KT-5. If you go AM then you can use pretty much AM transmitter

1FasImp 12-11-2011 01:10 PM

After i get it back (When ever that will be) Im not going to send anymore to them.

ok thank.

1FasImp 12-21-2011 03:08 PM

Well..... I sent AM another message, This time on their contact form, That was on saturday ( I forgot they are closed on the weekends) and i have yet to recieve anything back.

I just called AM. they said their not doing any repairs in the month of Dec. due to x-mas, and the will get to in Jan. Thats a load of my chest now.

Action B 12-22-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winner (Post 270907)
for the price atomic is going to charge you could have bought like 3 xmods boards...

Or 4 FET jobs from me :D - 48 hour turnaround.

1FasImp 01-14-2012 08:48 PM

Well its been two weeks into Jan and AM hasnt contacted me about any problems with my scion. ITS BEEN 9 1/2 WEEKS, way past the 2-3 weeks they claim it takes. Im calling monday and seeing if its next or even close, if not them im telling them to return my xmod, refund my money, and to reimburse me the money for sending it to them.

winner 01-14-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1FasImp (Post 271244)
Well its been two weeks into Jan and AM hasnt contacted me about any problems with my scion. ITS BEEN 9 1/2 WEEKS, way past the 2-3 weeks they claim it takes. Im calling monday and seeing if its next or even close, if not them im telling them to return my xmod, refund my money, and to reimburse me the money for sending it to them.

talk to Rob or Jay if you can

1FasImp 01-14-2012 09:59 PM

ok will do

JokerBox 01-14-2012 10:23 PM

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but why if Atomicmods still around. I mean I know that Xmods are no longer made, but geez everything on Atomic's site is "out of stock" except for like one or two things. Now with this thread I'm not sure I even want to play on their site anymore for any reason.

winner 01-14-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokerBox (Post 271247)
I know this isn't exactly on topic, but why if Atomicmods still around. I mean I know that Xmods are no longer made, but geez everything on Atomic's site is "out of stock" except for like one or two things. Now with this thread I'm not sure I even want to play on their site anymore for any reason.

cause they make very good mini-z parts. like for mini-z atomic's quality is rated right there with Kyosho's.

EDIT:
http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories...-Upgrades.aspx

that right there is their main source of income^