XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Modification (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Awd Gears Grind (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17963)

kendallcschm 11-03-2009 02:01 PM

Awd Gears Grind

i don't know what to do.. i have a new driveshaft.. new gears.. new chassis parts.. dog dogbones look fine.. i have reinstalled the AWD kit 5 times oiled everything put low resistance wires on the motor, even neo mags!! i still have the same problem.. not enough power and gears grinding.. and at times the wheels can't even move.. can some one help me please! i really need help..

deckerz 11-03-2009 02:34 PM

if your using a evo/street chassis make sure the motor strap isn't too tight. screw the two screws in with little pressure until you feel it nip.

if its gen1 then i can't suggest anything.

kendallcschm 11-03-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deckerz (Post 241561)
if your using a evo/street chassis make sure the motor strap isn't too tight. screw the two screws in with little pressure until you feel it nip.

if its gen1 then i can't suggest anything.

its an evo truck.. and its not that tight.. its just right.. i mean when i screw it in i do it as you described

bigez 11-03-2009 02:44 PM

ok frist take the motor out of the holder and see if it runs when there is no strin on it

and when the motor is out try to move the wheels and see if they move freely if they do not than there is your problem

TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 11-03-2009 02:44 PM

Make sure you have the right drive shaft.
Make sure you have all the correct gears.
Make sure you have the correct spacer under the motor.
If it's none of those things, then you would have to post some good photos for us to look at.

As a last resort you can send it to me and I'll fix it. Just pay return shipping.

Camaro98 11-03-2009 02:52 PM

This might sound really dumb, but it happened to me after disassembling the differential on one of my Xmods. Check the screws holding your differential casing together. One of them might have pushed plastic from the screw journal (where the screws come through the casing) into one of your gears.

When it happened to me, the car ran and sounded perfectly fine to begin with...I disassembled the diff to lube up the gears, reassembled it without any modifications, and it immediately made a grinding noise when I ran the car. Upon another disassembly, I found that one of the diff casing screws had pushed some of the plastic "flashing" from the manufacturer's molding process into the teeth of the main ring gear on the differential axle. I just trimmed out the excess plastic (and there was barely enough to say so), reassembled the diff, and the car ran fine again. It's just one thing to consider, if you haven't solved the problem yet.

kendallcschm 11-04-2009 03:12 PM

i have an idea where it doesn't have to do with the motor.. i have taken out the motor.. and the motor works and so does the gear.. the drive shaft was sold to me by an XMS member less than 2 weeks ago and it fits fine. the gear casing was given to me be an XMS member (vette123) as a secret santa thing. the gears have all been replaced twice over.. and i double checked the engine and it wasn't too loose or too tight.. ill try posting pictures but i can't seem to get on photobucket.. give me a few hours

bigez 11-04-2009 05:27 PM

is the rear gear case alloy or stock

Sweed 11-04-2009 06:02 PM

Bearings (especially the idler bearings).
GPM/Atomic Gears.
Good Oil.

kendallcschm 11-04-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigez (Post 241633)
is the rear gear case alloy or stock

regular stock (i replaced with a different stock one)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweed (Post 241637)
Bearings (especially the idler bearings).
GPM/Atomic Gears.
Good Oil.

i used plenty of oil.. and expensive oil at that T_T

65custom 12-31-2009 08:45 PM

i have had this problem with mine. your rear dif might be bad. when it gos bad it wont let the axel turn because the diff is stripped.

Blade. 12-31-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65custom (Post 245483)
i have had this problem with mine. your rear dif might be bad. when it gos bad it wont let the axel turn because the diff is stripped.

1 month old, heading onto 2. Stop it, and read the rules. There is no need for bumping old threads.

Blade.