XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Members Mini & Micro RC Garages (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Donziikid's Team Losi Micro Crawler: (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19154)

Donziikid 05-13-2010 11:00 PM

Donziikid's Team Losi Micro Crawler:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rawler1OLS.jpg
Clickable to 1608px × 1072px High Resolution

Howdy,

My first and probably not going to be the last TLMC. I'll keep you guys posted on the updates, but they will probably be subtle, and not worth their own project thread. Keep your eyes peeled for more pictures!

Current modifications include:
-Cut Front and Rear Springs
-Battery Over Rear Axle
-Minor WD40 Tire Bath

On the modification list:
-Reroute Servo Wire
-Custom Beadlocks
-Metal Links

Let me know what you think! :)

Cheers,
Kyle.

Dr. Kustom 05-13-2010 11:29 PM

Glad you finally got one! That pic looks really amazing, have you thought of getting the blade chassis for it?

Donziikid 05-14-2010 10:05 AM

Yeah, finally bit the bullet.

Thanks. Still getting used to all of the new programs.. haha.

Blade chassis? No, I didn't really have plans to. What I would really like to do is make one out of aluminum. But, I may spend the $35 for the sake of simplicity--just not too fond of having the same thing as everyone else.. :shrug:

New pictures to come Monday/Tuesday.

Cheers,
Kyle.

BART 05-14-2010 11:22 AM

I want it.

mycrors4 05-14-2010 01:16 PM

poop, ur so organized that i should u were selling this at first, i cant tell the difference between ur normal threads and ur B/s/t thread cause ur so organized, i got happy for nothing :(.. well almost nothing

Gratz on the purchase! look really good! any other comestic future plans? like turning it into a scaler? or maybe into a tuber?

Stampedekid 05-14-2010 02:55 PM

Looks good Kyle. Why not mount it to a model kit frame if you want scale like me and doc did? You'll really enjoy it though they're great little rigs

Donziikid 05-14-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BART (Post 257136)
I want it.

So did I. That's why I bought one. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors4 (Post 257141)
poop, ur so organized that i should u were selling this at first, i cant tell the difference between ur normal threads and ur B/s/t thread cause ur so organized, i got happy for nothing :(.. well almost nothing

Gratz on the purchase! look really good! any other comestic future plans? like turning it into a scaler? or maybe into a tuber?

:lol: Sorry?

If anything I'll make a scaler, but those plans aren't set in stone. For right now it is just fun to run. Scale factor would be awesome, though. And thanks for the comment (even though it is stock!). http://lotrfanmb.com/msgbd/images/smiles/nailbiter.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampedekid (Post 257146)
Looks good Kyle. Why not mount it to a model kit frame if you want scale like me and doc did? You'll really enjoy it though they're great little rigs

That thought certainly crossed my mind. If I find the right model body I might just have to do that.

Thanks for the comment.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Donziikid 05-17-2010 09:58 PM

A couple more pictures. Please let me know if there is anything specific you would like to see.

Cheers,
Kyle.

[edit]Forgot to mention: as always, clickable to higher resolution.[/edit]

Stampedekid 05-17-2010 10:25 PM

Looks great Kyle. Why haven't you set it up in droop yet? You'll notice a much bigger performance increase as far as going up and over obstacles, its just too stiff and top heavy stock. Also I'd check on RCC alot, Blade and others have some great chassis' in the works that may be worth checking out if you decide not to go scale ;)
Cya!
Ian

Dr. Kustom 05-17-2010 10:45 PM

Great photos as always! Like Stampedekid said, there are some great chassis out there, RC4WD also have some cool rims to replace those plastic stock ones, if I ever getting another LMC, I will definitely get a set of those RC4WD rims for mine.

Donziikid 05-17-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampedekid (Post 257285)
Looks great Kyle. Why haven't you set it up in droop yet? You'll notice a much bigger performance increase as far as going up and over obstacles, its just too stiff and top heavy stock. Also I'd check on RCC alot, Blade and others have some great chassis' in the works that may be worth checking out if you decide not to go scale ;)
Cya!
Ian

It's actually pretty close to my liking stock. She manages to get over most obstacles I point her at, and even is she doesn't, there's something funny about watching it roll over and being able to flip it back over with a pinky. You just cannot get disappointed at the capabilities of these Losi Micro Crawlers, even in stock form!

I'm on RCC daily; just not a post-whore there like I am on here. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Kustom (Post 257286)
Great photos as always! Like Stampedekid said, there are some great chassis out there, RC4WD also have some cool rims to replace those plastic stock ones, if I ever getting another LMC, I will definitely get a set of those RC4WD rims for mine.

Thanks.

RC4WD rims look nice, but, I kinda like the smoked rim Losi has to offer on the BND version. :blush: But, if I do go scale, the RC4WD rims are much nicer for that application.

Thanks again, guys.

Cheers,
Kyle.

[edit]Forgot to mention: as always, clickable to higher resolution.[/edit]

Donziikid 11-18-2010 05:39 PM

Just a few more shots. Yupp, pretty stock, but I needed a test subject. :)

Cheers,
Kyle