XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   General XMODs (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   returned/exchanged Xmods... (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5889)

DRFTKO 12-21-2006 12:19 AM

returned/exchanged Xmods...

I have noticed that a lot of folks have PURCHASED or RETURNED Xmod from Radioshack. If you are one of these people will you please post how much you payed for the Xmod and what all came with it, along with the condition it was in and what you did to fix it. Thanks!!!

mrc5corvette 12-21-2006 08:41 AM

do you mean xmods that someone else returned to the radioshack?

tot 12-21-2006 09:13 AM

yea. my RS wont sell them to me. they're like we return them to get fixed then re sell them.

musclecars4life 12-21-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tot
yea. my RS wont sell them to me. they're like we return them to get fixed then re sell them.

they lied to you. all they do is destroy them.

go talk to the manager of your RS and ask if you can buy the store returns. some may say yes the others will more than likely say no. if they say no then ask if you can buy them as PARTS meaning they wont be put together. thats how i get mine PARTS.

if it helped any say so if it didn't then ask me more questions.

tot 12-21-2006 10:44 AM

alright thanks man! ill ask about it when I got next time.

jabari 12-21-2006 11:11 AM

Shoot my RS won't let me buy stuff that has been returned, they are all like "we are now allowed to do that according to store policy".

XmodGam3r 12-21-2006 11:20 AM

i asked if i could return my mustang but they didnt.

bondo 12-21-2006 11:31 AM

some stores will allow you to buy returns but it depends on if its corperate or a franchise store.
if its in a mall or large shopping center then chances are its a corperate store.
if its a stand alone or in a small strip mall then its probably franchise.
the franchise stores will usually sell anything as is for a fraction of the price.its up to the owner.

corperate store managers are pretty strict about it and i can see why.
r/s policy tells them they have to destroy them and if they were to sell them,they could get fired.

vietazndude 12-21-2006 12:25 PM

hmm i should have asked that yesterday, why would they destroy xmods when they can sell parts for money? i guess they destroyed my f150 chassis then...

musclecars4life 12-21-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondo
some stores will allow you to buy returns but it depends on if its corperate or a franchise store.
if its in a mall or large shopping center then chances are its a corperate store.
if its a stand alone or in a small strip mall then its probably franchise.
the franchise stores will usually sell anything as is for a fraction of the price.its up to the owner.

corperate store managers are pretty strict about it and i can see why.
r/s policy tells them they have to destroy them and if they were to sell them,they could get fired.

this info is correct. though some of the stores make exceptions, i.e. the RS in Westdale Mall (far side of town from me) will sell me the returned xmods, AS parts. meaning the chassis is disasimbled but is able to be put back together. but the Lindale mall RS (closest RS to me) wont sell me them because its against store policy.

you get what im saying?

DRFTKO 12-21-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musclecars4life
this info is correct. though some of the stores make exceptions, i.e. the RS in Westdale Mall (far side of town from me) will sell me the returned xmods, AS parts. meaning the chassis is disasimbled but is able to be put back together. but the Lindale mall RS (closest RS to me) wont sell me them because its against store policy.

you get what im saying?

how much do you usually get these exchanges for and are they the complete starter kits, minus a few parts?

musclecars4life 12-21-2006 04:58 PM

i already said they are PARTS not starter kits. i get them around $10-$20 for all the parts to make a chassis (minus the crystals and batts), but you will need to talk to the manager of the RS about the price.

DRFTKO 12-21-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

i already said they are PARTS not starter kits. i get them around $10-$20 for all the parts to make a chassis (minus the crystals and batts), but you will need to talk to the manager of the RS about the price.

alright man, chill my bad I forgot, ok I got ya!!!

musclecars4life 12-21-2006 05:46 PM

im not mad. its just that 3 people asked the questions when all you gotta do is read. im happy to answer any questions about it. its just that when 3 people ask the SAME exact question it gets annoying. but yeah ill make a thread about RS so that you guys can post any questions there. that is if the mods will let me. can i numbchux? so that my pm box doesn't get full. im gonna wait to make the thread until i get the ok from a moderator of the admin.

DRFTKO 12-21-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

im not mad. its just that 3 people asked the questions when all you gotta do is read. im happy to answer any questions about it. its just that when 3 people ask the SAME exact question it gets annoying. but yeah ill make a thread about RS so that you guys can post any questions there. that is if the mods will let me. can i numbchux? so that my pm box doesn't get full. im gonna wait to make the thread until i get the ok from a moderator of the admin.

great idea!!!

musclecars4life 12-21-2006 06:12 PM

just waiting to hear from a mod or the admin. i need ideas on where to place it. here in the general section is what im thinking. let me know what you guys think.

DRFTKO 12-21-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

just waiting to hear from a mod or the admin. i need ideas on where to place it. here in the general section is what im thinking. let me know what you guys think.

I think the general section would be the most appropriate section

musclecars4life 12-21-2006 06:39 PM

ok thats where its gonna be unless the mods say otherwise. about getting xmod returns, just talk to the manager of the store.

DRFTKO 12-21-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

ok thats where its gonna be unless the mods say otherwise. about getting xmod returns, just talk to the manager of the store.

ive asked a few different sales reps from stores in different towns, and so far no luck, I figure that I should have found one due to all the stores i have been to in the last couple months

musclecars4life 12-21-2006 07:25 PM

just keep talking to them. it would help if you were friends with them like i am. i go in there almost everyday so every person that works there knows me. thats how i got the job at the RS i work at. and its also how i got the managers to let me buy the kickbacks instead of them throwing them away.