XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Electronics (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Ive got some issues.. (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19878)

xmodsupra01 11-22-2010 08:22 PM

Ive got some issues..

So i finally dug up alot of my xmod stuff from storage yesterday, and found my good ol' supra (displayed in avatar pic). But i turned it on, and it doesnt work. Its not the batteries, its not the motor. I think the board might have gotten wet at some point, if so, how could i fix that? I also thought it might be the crystals, and i should buy a new crystal set, but i cant find a decent.y priced crystal set to buy anywhere. Please reply with any help, because the supra was what got me into the RC hobby, and its like losing a pet.. but not a dog, more like losing a hamster :D But seriously, im gonna try to find a good set of crystals, and please give me any input on this. Thanks in advance:bigwink:

winner 11-22-2010 08:24 PM

make sure the wires are connected to the battery clips, and make sure there are no loose wires, gen 1s are getting older and wires are getting more fragle

Bananabrain 11-22-2010 08:24 PM

Sounds like a wire came un-soldered some where (a power wire from the battery to the board), since the Gen.1's are know for doing that. My guess would be take it apart & check all of the solder joints.

xmodsupra01 11-22-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bananabrain (Post 265661)
Sounds like a wire came un-soldered some where (a power wire from the battery to the board), since the Gen.1's are know for doing that. My guess would be take it apart & check all of the solder joints.

Thank you, ive already got the engine and alot of the chassis undone, im still trying to find what you are talking about and the guy above you. Thanks again for the help guys, ill see what happens

winner 11-22-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodsupra01 (Post 265662)
Thank you, ive already got the engine and alot of the chassis undone, im still trying to find what you are talking about and the guy above you. Thanks again for the help guys, ill see what happens

basicaly just look for any loose or unconnect wires, if you find any and dont know where they go let us know and post pics and we'll help you more. if you dont find any tell us and we'll still try our best

xmodsupra01 11-24-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winner (Post 265665)
basicaly just look for any loose or unconnect wires, if you find any and dont know where they go let us know and post pics and we'll help you more. if you dont find any tell us and we'll still try our best

Ive found two loose wires, and one is for the antenna, and the other looks like it goes from the motor to the board... which is just fantastic *sarcasm. Now i gotta buy a new motor, or soldering kit. Either way.

xmodsNSX94 11-24-2010 02:54 PM

you have a pm coming your way

TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 11-24-2010 10:13 PM

Pay the shipping and you can send it to me and Ill solder it up and test everything. Just send me a PM if your interested.