XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Misc Electric (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Warning! Propulse tires may fail at high speeds. (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19139)

acerpower 05-11-2010 05:20 PM

Warning! Propulse tires may fail at high speeds.

I was doing some high speed laps around a large, smooth parking lot with the 3s lipo in my RC18t(6800kv mamba) when I had a major tire failure......................................
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...r/pict0017.jpg
I got on her a little too hard and blew the back tire right out.(followed by an ugly tumble)
I'm glad I only paid $1 for the set of wheels/tires.;)
They grip well but you might have some major tread separation at extreme speeds.:nod:

TheB1GDude 05-11-2010 05:24 PM

haha that is awesome.... I've ballooned mine with the brushless but nothing that bad!

dreamingISdrifting 05-11-2010 07:05 PM

I did that to mine too lol, I was running on hard asphalt. If it wasn't a V-tread it wouldn't have torn, the buggy tires hold up much better.

mycrors4 05-11-2010 07:07 PM

lol im confused on how that happened, on a smooth parking lot
if it wasnt very smooth, it would make much more sense.. lol

just drive it like that.. see what happens lmao

this is the best slogan ive seen in ages
its the byt slogan(or maybe a slogan from a member from byt, anyways, still an awesome slogan)

"If it still moves, it aint broken"
and it fits in well with this one
"Drive til it's broken"
which leads to this one
"Drive til it doesn't move anymore"

lol

Stampedekid 05-11-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors4 (Post 257003)
lol im confused on how that happened, on a smooth parking lot
if it wasnt very smooth, it would make much more sense.. lol

just drive it like that.. see what happens lmao

this is the best slogan ive seen in ages
its the byt slogan(or maybe a slogan from a member from byt, anyways, still an awesome slogan)

"If it still moves, it aint broken"
and it fits in well with this one
"Drive til it's broken"
which leads to this one
"Drive til it doesn't move anymore"

lol

Ageekwithabaja LOL Anywho to answer your question, more or less he probably had some tire lift up on the rear, which caused his tire to blow out, that's what happened to my MERV tires back in July 2009. Nice blowout though, it looks like someone took a knife to it because part of the tread is still there, but chunk of the tire isn't :lol:

acerpower 05-12-2010 04:05 PM

The tires were ballooning like crazy on 2s lipo so I guess this was bound to happen on 3s.
At least they held up for a few minutes.
Unfortunately all the rubber tires I've tried, even 1/10 touring car tires, balloon to one degree or another.
I have a bunch of different style propulse tires to run and I spent $1 a set, so
that will hold me off until I decide to buy some 1/10 foam tires.

GearHeadV8 05-12-2010 06:02 PM

if you tape the inside of them them with duct tape or gorilla tape it will help cut down on ballonong

Stampedekid 05-12-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acerpower (Post 257029)
The tires were ballooning like crazy on 2s lipo so I guess this was bound to happen on 3s.
At least they held up for a few minutes.
Unfortunately all the rubber tires I've tried, even 1/10 touring car tires, balloon to one degree or another.
I have a bunch of different style propulse tires to run and I spent $1 a set, so
that will hold me off until I decide to buy some 1/10 foam tires.

Your best bet would be the 1/10 foams. I had foams on my MERV for indoor racing and it helped, then sold them when the track closed but they're great and if you're only running onroad, going for ballistic speed or carpet, then they're perfect for you.

winner 05-12-2010 06:07 PM

if you'd like i have a brand new set of rear foamies for a mini-t, they should fit right on rc18 or a propulse. you can have them if you cover shipping ;)

mycrors4 05-12-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampedekid (Post 257038)
Your best bet would be the 1/10 foams. I had foams on my MERV for indoor racing and it helped, then sold them when the track closed but they're great and if you're only running onroad, going for ballistic speed or carpet, then they're perfect for you.

idk why, but i dont like foams, i do know that if ur running on anything else but wood or carpet tracks, ur car gets raped by foam shavings lol

i run 1/10 onroad tires(rubber) on my rc18t with a stronger set up(8000kv mamba w/ 3s lipos) and ive never had a problem, but i will tell u, you lose control a lot easier than if u had 1/18 truck wheels, because its not as soft, but you get used to it