XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Projects (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   "She Wants Revenge" Project (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13040)

xmodkidd33 06-03-2008 05:16 PM

It's only panda if the bottom color is white. Dark grey and black is how the real car is, right?

Surgeon 06-03-2008 05:20 PM

Panda refers to black hood and black bodykit on a white car, as seen on the trueno:

http://www.rccartips.com/project-d-t...trueno-m04.jpg

M0DEL 06-03-2008 05:31 PM

I was taught that panda is the top part black and the bottom white, but ive seen a evo w/ the top red and bottom silver.

It might vary, i dont know.

BUT i'm still unsure.

Kaze 06-03-2008 09:24 PM

Did you just use primer and leave it that way? It looks nice, I was thinking of doing a Gunmetal Subbie a lil while back.... funny how when I said it Forum Members were like NO DONT DO IT... >.> lol anyways.

I say grey top, black hood/trunk. The rims look great, dunno what you're going to keep adding, but keep up the good work.

M0DEL 06-03-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaze (Post 162864)
Did you just use primer and leave it that way? It looks nice, I was thinking of doing a Gunmetal Subbie a lil while back.... funny how when I said it Forum Members were like NO DONT DO IT... >.> lol anyways.

I say grey top, black hood/trunk. The rims look great, dunno what you're going to keep adding, but keep up the good work.

Nope, no primer.

You should still do one though, it looks pretty sweet.

My only issue is that the hood is glossier/shinier then the car itself and the black oversprays. ughh

yippee 06-04-2008 01:57 AM

meh. depends. my gf decided we had to get her an xmod when i was trying to round up parts for mine.

i vote for grey trunk and top. or atleast a grey top, the trunk would look fine in black to match the hood. i think a pink pinstripe down either side would look nice as well. looks really good. keep it up

xmodkidd33 06-04-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0DEL (Post 162866)
My only issue is that the hood is glossier/shinier then the car itself and the black oversprays. ughh

You can wax the car, which makes it more shiny, and leave the hood unwaxed and see where that gets you. You could also try another coat of clear on the body. As far as the overspray, take the hood off and paint it.

M0DEL 06-04-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 (Post 162921)
You can wax the car, which makes it more shiny, and leave the hood unwaxed and see where that gets you. You could also try another coat of clear on the body. As far as the overspray, take the hood off and paint it.

Hmm, sounds good.
and i did take it off, lol

stangdude94 06-04-2008 01:18 PM

verry nice paint like xmodkid said wax the car then they should have the same shine as the hood

but any way i love the pink rimes way kool any plans for decals

yippee 06-04-2008 07:35 PM

by overspray do you mean there are little black spots of paint on the rest of the paint? do you possibly mean it splatters or something? i've had model paint that splatters really badly before. i thought maybe that was the problem you were having. just a thought.

M0DEL 06-04-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yippee (Post 163018)
by overspray do you mean there are little black spots of paint on the rest of the paint? do you possibly mean it splatters or something? i've had model paint that splatters really badly before. i thought maybe that was the problem you were having. just a thought.

Umm,
The can sprays out too much? lol

theoriganalRiD3R1967 06-04-2008 11:26 PM

if you mean that the coat of paint on your car is too thick, then the solution would be to stand back a bit when you spray and obviously nice and even strokes, otherwise you might end up with a thick coa on the tail end of the car, while the under the hodd you can sill see the primer...

yippee 06-05-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0DEL (Post 163038)
Umm,
The can sprays out too much? lol

ah. i was assuming you weren't actually referring to overspray since you took the hood off and sprayed it seperately. like the poster above me mentioned, you might be too close, or just putting too heavy of coats. maybe a better explaination could help us understand better to give you better suggestions.

meanwhile just make sure you're an appropriate distance away. you want to use light coats and build your way up to a proper thickness. like he said, nice even strokes. it's kind of hard to explain without demonstration. it sounds like it might be something else though so i'll wait to hear back from you

lilbrucie 06-05-2008 02:46 AM

jus have the can at least 6 inches away at all times... that normally leaves a nice coat on the car w/o messin it up

M0DEL 06-05-2008 07:38 PM

Like i've said before, i respect people more who can get replies because of their xmod talent. Haha, should i have little respect for myself now even though i'm trying my best? :P

Well the over spray, yeah its just the can.
The car's not primer, it's the actual paint but the gloss is a tad dim - so i need to fix that w/ wax or something.

Thanks for the pointers all! I'm taking each into consideration, they do help.

Surgeon 06-05-2008 07:54 PM

Alright guys, here is the deal, lets get this on topic. The next person who posts about gender or any other off-topic banter gets infraction points. Segregating members based on age, race or gender is wrong and not tolerable on this forum, and will be dealt with.

I am removing the off-topic banter, and from here on in walk on your tippy-toes when posting in this thread.

bestdragon2001 06-05-2008 08:01 PM

Are you going to clearcoat it? If you do it will make it more glossy. I think

xmodkidd33 06-05-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0DEL (Post 163155)

The car's not primer, it's the actual paint but the gloss is a tad dim - so i need to fix that w/ wax or something.

http://xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12435 :bigwink:

I really like how it's turning out so far. Have you decided on the rest of the paint yet?

M0DEL 06-05-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 (Post 163160)
http://xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12435 :bigwink:

I really like how it's turning out so far. Have you decided on the rest of the paint yet?

Awesome thanks!

I've decided to just paint the top the gunmetal. Still need to find my masking tape though, lol. Thats whats putting me behind.

DrIfToRDIe 06-06-2008 01:43 AM

[img]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/****DETRUiRE/cars/100_3054-1.jpg[/img]
Hey,did you make the headlights slanted like the 06 model?Cause it sure as hell looks like it.

If I were you,I would make the trunk carbon fiber.I used to have a 04 Subbie with CF trunk in NFSU2 and it looked bad ***.