XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMS Competition Archives (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Buildoff! (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13590)

bondo 07-22-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acura (Post 170551)
how about we extend the entry time 'till a little longer, this is gonna be my first time doing a project ever guys! so wish me luck. will be a 80's camaro

lol, that would have been my second choice.
i have an 85' z28 but i want to save that one for a nice long build;)

Acura 07-22-2008 08:06 PM

oh that's cool bondo, im really looking forward to this

im gonna give it a working sound system
with some cool lime or candy green paint
with a white and lime green interior

spike421 07-25-2008 02:08 PM

can i join

TheB1GDude 07-25-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike421 (Post 171165)
can i join

Deadline for entries is the end of month so yes you can enter just let me know what your entry will be.....

stangdude94 07-25-2008 05:41 PM

ok i have a question can i enter a car i already built

bondo 07-25-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangdude94 (Post 171219)
ok i have a question can i enter a car i already built

it would'nt be true to the term "Build Off" but i guess we'll see what Xmodifyer has to say about it.
that's pretty much redefining the rules........it kinda defeats the purpose of a build deadline and if that was the case then i would have entered my superbird and been done with it.

Dark Knight 07-25-2008 07:15 PM

i'll do a civic

bondo 07-25-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 171240)
i'll do a civic

a civic model body??
what year/model?

lastly, when did they make a civic "Muscle Car"?

spike421 07-25-2008 07:54 PM

hey jeff this is jenner and i just bought from wallyworld a saleen s7

bondo 07-25-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike421 (Post 171247)
hey jeff this is jenner and i just bought from wallyworld a saleen s7

if your only talking to your freind then it could have been through PM.
if your looking to enter then there's another descrepency, a saleen S7 is a supercar, not a musclecar.

Dark Knight 07-25-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondo (Post 171244)
a civic model body??
what year/model?

lastly, when did they make a civic "Muscle Car"?

can i just use the one from gen1s? im going to put a body kit on it and put some decals or something on it

c1v1c 07-25-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 171250)
can i just use the one from gen1s? im going to put a body kit on it and put some decals or something on it

Ermmh Custom bodies means model body, gen1 shells are considered the same as evo shells...Putting body kit and stickers isnt custom At all.

bondo 07-25-2008 08:07 PM

please go back and read the rules of this build off.
it is for MODEL BODIES!
this means you buy a model body and fit it to an Xmod and build it **** near from scratch, hence the term buildoff....

go ahead and build your civic.
keep it a top secret project until the next OFFICIAL comp rolls around.
it might just be suited for a class that the civic fits.(imports,tuners,sedans,Etc.)
i can tell you that a civic Xmods body brakes two of the original guidlines laid out for this buildoff.

bondo 07-25-2008 08:46 PM

sorry for the double post but i just wanted to point out that this is one of the reasons that i suggested this be moderated by the staff.
the sanctioned comps are being comprimised by people trying to find loopholes or not reading the simple rules, so i knew it would eventually happen here aswell.
READ and UNDERSTAND the rules before hitting that send button.
remember, post count means nothing. people remember you by how you carry yourself online and by not reading what your replying to, your making yourself look like a tool.
i hate to say that online rep means something but that's the way it works.
you're nothing but a name online so your job is to make that name memorable.......the reasons and how you go about it are up to you....:uhoh: :bigwink:

AJB32690 07-25-2008 08:51 PM

Very true Bondo. Lots of people seem to skim through the rules, and then ask a stupid question that wouldve been answered if they actually read the rules.

Slightly off-topic, but I heard that some background checks for pre-employment are starting to look into forums and stuff that you post on. Its only a matter of time before the government stuffs cameras in our faces 24/7.

bondo 07-25-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJB32690 (Post 171273)

Slightly off-topic, but I heard that some background checks for pre-employment are starting to look into forums and stuff that you post on. Its only a matter of time before the government stuffs cameras in our faces 24/7.

well, i'm screwed......
there goes my millions.....:cry:
i guess i truly am stuck with you lot since i'll never be able to afford a mini-z..........:nodno: :lol:

i dont think that any potential employers would look at my posts and say "hey, that's a guy i'd like to have onboard.."

AJB32690 07-25-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondo (Post 171275)
well, i'm screwed......
there goes my millions.....:cry:
i guess i truly am stuck with you lot since i'll never be able to afford a mini-z..........:nodno: :lol:

i dont think that any potential employers would look at my posts and say "hey, that's a guy i'd like to have onboard.."

Haha. I dont really understand it either. Maybe they just skim to see what the forum is about and get the general idea of it. Just to make sure you arnt on some anarchist or satanic forum or something like that.

Dark Knight 07-25-2008 10:10 PM

I really want to do a Model body buildoff! There would be no reward, just some bragging rights and a sweet *** car once you're done. I'll do any class.
1- Muslce
2- Old Trucks
3- New trucks
4- Tuners
5- Anything!! :dblfin:

i guess im doing the civic then but im not planning on entering it on any contest. i have a 1/28 chevy xtreme but it is longer than the chassis.

AJB32690 07-25-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 171289)
I really want to do a Model body buildoff! There would be no reward, just some bragging rights and a sweet *** car once you're done. I'll do any class.
1- Muslce
2- Old Trucks
3- New trucks
4- Tuners

i guess im doing the civic then but im not planning on entering it on any contest. i have a 1/28 chevy xtreme but it is longer than the chassis.

Nice try, but if you read the whole thing, which is what we are talking about now, you would realize those were just ideas for the competition. As in, we could have a muscle car comp (which was what won) or we could do old trucks. All you did was skim the first post and you misinterpreted it. AND the Civic is an xmod shell, so its still against the rules because its not a model body!

suicide_star 07-25-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 171289)
1- Muslce
2- Old Trucks
3- New trucks
4- Tuners

great...still, it's a MUSCLE CAR competition...dark knight is a great name for you b/c you're about as blind as a **** bat...if you read through this thread before you started posting you'd see that xmodifyer decided it was a muscle car competition, please, everybody, read before you start posting, it'll make our lives easier and prevent you from making an *** out of yourself.