PDA

View Full Version : Need something done!

xmodmaverick
08-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Ok, well, I need someone with a dyno to do this.

take most fo the leading battery brands, duracell, energizer, rayovac, etc. and the radioshack "enercell" ones and the xmods rechargeables.

Needs to be done on a stock car

record the maximum speed the car reaches, and how long it runs before it COMPLETELY dies. (TIP, just wrap a rubberband around the handle and trigger so you don't have to, then, get a snack, and just wait until it dies.)

I don't have a dyno, so... obviously I can't do it. i have a feeling it will be very, uh, what's the word? beneficial to the XMS community.

firebird999
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM
cool idea...but there are hundreds of battery companies and types!

noturday
08-01-2007, 12:00 PM
that wouldnt work with the rubber band idea, if you've ever held an xmod in the air before and just let it run to kill the batteries you'd know that the controller stops putting out a signal after so long if it hasnt been changed, like if you hold the trigger down a long time it eventually thinks you forgot about it and it needs to turn off, then if u move it again it works until the same thing happens. and this test would take forever and cost a whole lot of money, i'd say just stick with either the duracells or the energizer 15 min rechargeables, they seem to have the highest mah out of all the batteries i've seen

TheB1GDude
08-01-2007, 12:03 PM
I tried to record some of the times I got from using different batteries / liths and posted them here:

http://www.ab1gworld.com/xmods/dyno.php

But there where so many different combinations I got bored!!

xmodmaverick
08-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Ok, well, I thought it would be really helpful, but ah well, it would be kind of expensive...

meme405
08-01-2007, 02:32 PM
not if you continue to run the car on the dyno...i thought thats what you meant...all you have to do is put the car on the dyno and let it run, lifting the car in the air hardly makes it do anything, because it doesnt have to work to push the weght of the car. and then once in a while come by and adjust the sttering of the car, and let it run until it dies...do this with only some batteries:

energizers
duracells
xmods batts
enercells
rayovac IC3

OR

You could just look around and find this...:

http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Tech-Article-AAA-NiMH-Battery-Comparison-Data.aspx

it doesnt use energizers or duracells, and it is biased towards atomic mods batteries because they want to sell more of them, but still...its useful..

xmodmaverick
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Ok, well, that helps some