PDA

View Full Version : reappearance of my lost rsx

aznballa2k4
12-29-2004, 01:06 PM
i made a new thread b/c the other one was getting too big and its all filled with links. i'll post pics directly on here now so it'll be easier for you guys. i ran my rsx the other days and......stupid rocks!!! chips/scratches here and there but not huge marks. some of you guys remember the hood i was doing, unfortunately i destroyed it b/c teammnm wouldn't believe that i do my own authentic handmade work. rushed the paint job which i should have NEVER done. but it's decent. the plan right now is pretty much the same when i left it. rear will be a buddyclub 2. hood will be mugen. front will be from the Chargespeed Acura RSX DC-5. now straight to the point. clear pics to show the shine and reflection just like a real car!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/rsxfront.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/MVC-005F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/rsxrear.jpg

crashmod
12-29-2004, 02:14 PM
just a sugestion if you learn how to use fiberglass and polyurithane you can make an indistructable bumper.

they are hard but still slighly flexible and weigh no more than fiberglass

aznballa2k4
12-29-2004, 02:50 PM
but isn't that stuff pretty bad for your health? are you talking about making a whole new bumper from scratch??? or just adding some fiberglass and stuff and then sand it to shape? that would be hardcore making a whole new bumper.

crashmod
12-29-2004, 02:56 PM
i was talking about making a whole new bumper, and yes that stuff is real bad for your health. which is why i decided not to persue it as my career.

but you can use fiberglass and polyurithane as you would bondo and just patch stuff with it.

viperdout
12-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Stunning. If you're gonna re-spray, do it in Metallic Red, but I like the current color.

aznballa2k4
12-29-2004, 07:03 PM
yeah that's what i thought you were talking about crashmod. hmmm...maybe i could but i doubt it. i could probably get my hands on some fiberglass and stuff and figure out how to mold it. only problem is that my parents probably won't let me. its a good idea for those performance people but mine is mainly all show since there's no one to race around here. besides i never drive it. i treat it like the rest of my models. after i'm done i'll probably just leave it and let it collect dust. i'm not going to repaint it unless i get major damage from a rock. too bad the pics don't show the real beauty of the paint. the main thing i wanted to get across was the reflection and shine which the pics show. besides it was raining right before i took those. i'll take better pics once i start doing more on it.

viperdout
12-29-2004, 08:20 PM
yeah that's what i thought you were talking about crashmod. hmmm...maybe i could but i doubt it. i could probably get my hands on some fiberglass and stuff and figure out how to mold it. only problem is that my parents probably won't let me. its a good idea for those performance people but mine is mainly all show since there's no one to race around here. besides i never drive it. i treat it like the rest of my models. after i'm done i'll probably just leave it and let it collect dust. i'm not going to repaint it unless i get major damage from a rock. too bad the pics don't show the real beauty of the paint. the main thing i wanted to get across was the reflection and shine which the pics show. besides it was raining right before i took those. i'll take better pics once i start doing more on it.

I thought you said that was the bad job. Did you wetsand it? I can clearly see trees in the reflection.

aznballa2k4
12-30-2004, 01:55 AM
i said it was decent. i could do better i think. i wet sanded all the clear coat off and compounded it like crazy. i honestly don't have clear coat on the whole body anymore. hahah, you're probably think i'm lying right now. finally someone actually paid attention to the reflection. just like a real car, right viperdout? this is what clear coat does. clear coat is mainly a protective layer for the paint. it can shine and reflect a little. but it's a little dull. i used to think clear coat was to make the car super shiny like that but it isn't. it's actually the compound that makes it shine and have a crazy reflection. once the clear coat is off and then you rub compound it'll start show the "real" beauty. thats the secret to having a paint job like the pros. if you look closer you might be able to see the clouds. :D [/code]

Kujo
12-30-2004, 09:45 AM
That looks nice, man. I'd like to see it finished :)

I as well, am obsessed with a good paint job on my models. When I was working in bodyshops as a painter, I would bring in all my un-painted models, so when I had car I liked the color of, I would simply bring the model in with me and paint it at the same time :D

I've worked with fiberglass/bondo/putty etc for years and years. It is bad for you, yes. But as long as you wear a mask and work with the stuff in a well ventillated area, you'll be alright. Especially with models, since you'll only be using a small ammount of the stuff at a time.

I think a bright Candy Red would look great on your RSX.

Keep up the good work :)

aznballa2k4
12-30-2004, 11:56 AM
wow. seems like a lot of people work at a body shop or have some kind of professional training for a career. i wished i worked as a painter. would be a lot easier for me to choose a color and paint. o well at least i could do it unprofessionally and still get the reflecting shine like real cars, so i'm happy about that. the paint color is a Candy Apple Red. since it rain right before i took those pics, the clouds were hidding the sun still. when it stops raining and its sunny i'll take pics in the sun so that it'll show the paint color better.

Kujo
12-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Nice, I love Candy colors. I think I'll go with a Candy Apple Blue for my GT-R. I've never actually gotten to paint a car that color, so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I'm not in Automotive work any longer. Though that is my trade. I was an Automotive Painter for 6 years. It was a huge asset for modeling. I got my paint for free (unless I wanted a custom color). But even if I had to pay for material, it was cheaper then any hobby store anyway lol.

I've never really tried making custom body kits yet for any of my models (more so because my collection consists of mostly 60's-70's muscle cars), but I'm seriously thinking of getting a donor body for my GT-R to try my hand at it. :D

aznballa2k4
12-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Candy Apple Blue?!?!?!? never seen or knew about that color. you should definitely try to do body work. it's fun and improves your skill level with models dramatically. you make me feel like a little kid...6 years as a painter. man i was probably in 6th grade in elementary school. but i'm not suprised by seeing adults on these forums.

Kujo
12-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, you can make pretty much ANY color in Candy Apple.

All it is, is a base coat of silver, with a tinted (color) clearcoat over that, then regular clearcoat to finish. The tinted clearcoat can be red, blue, green, yellow....anything. You can even get really creative and use similar colored metallic basecoat to achieve a REALLY deep candy. Which I am going to test out with my blue. The hard thing is going to be keeping the paint in thin coats, so the car doesnt look like crap after lol

Heres an example of Candy Blue. You can get an idea of what the car will look like painted that color.

http://www.hookedonbooze.com/xmod/EngineLeft.jpg

And, HEY!! Dont make me feel old here. I'm 24 (never too old to play with toys tho ;P) I started painting when I was 18 :D

aznballa2k4
12-30-2004, 01:05 PM
so its kinda like having a dark primer and then painting it a light color. it make it a darker shade of that light color than it was supposed to be. thin even coats are really hard. especially with spray cans. hahha YOU made me feel young when you said 6 years!! 24 isn't old. wonder who's the oldest here. well i'm only 17 right now. 18 next month. btw, do you have experience with fading colors? ex:bright red in front and then the red gets darker and darker towards the rear of the car. i kinda want to try that to my models one day.

Kujo
12-30-2004, 01:28 PM
so its kinda like having a dark primer and then painting it a light color. it make it a darker shade of that light color than it was supposed to be

Not really. I guess in retrospect thats not really a good picture. I see now how you might have thought that. I guess we'll have to wait until the car is painted. Then I can post a better picture :)

And yes, I have faded colors before. But I dont suggest doing it with spraycan paint. Much better using an airbrush. Its tricky, but once you get the hang of it....
Staying with one color is the easiest way (your example of bright to dark red). I've been successful in blending all kinds of colors together, but its a huge pain and it took me a couple days to do. For example, I once painted a 2000 Honda Prelude black into gold into silver into white. Black on the side skirts and bottoms of the bodykit, fading into a deep gold up to the bottoms of the windows, into silver on the window pillars, into white for the roof. Took three days to paint.

rice boi
12-31-2004, 10:05 AM
yo nice rsx and my freind drifting rsx tried doing dat but he needs some tips can u give sometips on body molding on body molding and can u pm me k please ill tell him

aznballa2k4
01-06-2005, 11:28 PM
fading sounds a little too hardcore to paint with spray cans. i have an airbrush which i could use to do fades but...i hate cleaning it and all that other stuff. guess i'll stick to my level at painting only solid colors. 40-50 percent finished with the chargespeed front. update will probably be this weekend if i have time. its taking shape pretty good,in my opinion.

Kujo
01-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Sounds good. Make sure to post some pics :bigwink:

aznballa2k4
01-08-2005, 04:40 PM
like i promised, heres the update. still looks rough but in the end it'll be smooth. i've been paying more attention to the front instead of the rear and hood. i guess its because its more challenging and fun :nod:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/topview.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/fronthood.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/MVC-012F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/fender.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/front.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/bc2.jpg

Kujo
01-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Wow :o

That looks amazing. Very nice work indeed :)

I can't wait to see the finished product :bigwink:

rice boi
01-08-2005, 08:28 PM
yo das awsome man wat u do to make it look clean man

aznballa2k4
01-09-2005, 01:08 AM
i can't wait till this project is done too. it's not very clean yet... i just use the basic materials such as files and sandpaper.

Maverik
01-14-2005, 10:18 PM
thats insane!!!! :thumleft:

aznballa2k4
01-18-2005, 11:19 PM
thanks. updates comming in about 2-3 weeks. reason is b/c of work and semester finals. time is so limited these days.

Maverik
02-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Its been 3 weeks!!

aznballa2k4
02-19-2005, 12:21 AM
hahah sorry but......nothing's been done since those pics. glad that i know someone is keeping an eye on it. i've just been too busy lately. also i just got a 1/24 scale enzo. got too many projects going on. its more fun with projects than a finished product.

Badgerbadger13
02-19-2005, 09:08 AM
Nice job man it looks sweet :nod: