PDA

View Full Version : need help with drifting

sleepyzze110
12-29-2004, 01:53 AM
you can see my setup in my sig, but i need help with drifting

it seems that my car grips too much, even when the concrete is wet

i set the controller thing to the max, but the tires never break traction, should i get a drift kit? since i heard the tires have no traction at all

also, which motor would be the best for drifting, i have the "drift" motor, but it seems too slow..maybe the red one would be a bit better? i gave my yellow one to my friend in his 350z and that thing is fast..but does crazy donuts

btw, all the motors i have are stage 2

sleepyzze110
12-29-2004, 03:19 AM
well i changed my setup a little bit, i put in a drag(red) motor and i moved my blue suspension to the rear and i got red suspension up front using the black stock shocks

the reason i'm using the black ones is cause i lost 1 of my gray ones, so i only have 3/4, and 2 are being used for the blue ones, this wont serve any problem right? i didn't notice anything much of a difference between the black and gray shocks other than metal and color

would the drift kit help a little bit towards sliding? right now it still grips too much

crashmod
12-29-2004, 09:58 AM
well if you are still using rechargables and not ions, get rid of the lights. gives you just a little more power. also try other things on the concrete besides just water. and find some less corse concrete. i also just run RWD. no AWD for me. not untill i get alot more power.

mark0491
12-31-2004, 03:18 PM
you know the servo horn and the screw that holds it in loosen the screww alot and if you have gear grease or somthing rub it on the tires :roll_eye:

gearhead
01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
-you want the drift motor is my go slow but the gear ratio gives u tons of torque which is the twisting force on your wheels. you wont go that fast but you will have great excelration which is where tourque comes into play.the beter acleration the more chance of wheel spin off the starting line. which you what that type of power.

-next you want the stiffest supention poiseble you realy want no suspention BUT if you are on a road or realy bumpy coarse you might whant to soffen it a bit.

-and what kind of tires do you have if you are runing stock that is one of your main problems they provie great grip. i would go and buy the hard slick tires or beter yet the drift tires

BlackSky909
01-11-2005, 06:24 PM
try using red all around and put battery packs forward.. and ditch the lights

sleepyzze110
01-11-2005, 09:04 PM
i just changed mysetup

battery packs moved up front
stage 2 drift motor
awd
metal bearings
hard slick in back
soft slick in front
~i MIGHT grab the drift kit~
i got rid of the headlights/taillights
red suspension up front with black shock
blue suspension in rear with gray shock
~i MIGHT do a monoshock in the front and rear~

BlackSky909
01-14-2005, 12:26 AM
how did it work?

sleepyzze110
01-14-2005, 01:21 AM
well i'm using the above setup, no monoshock, and i'm drifting great, the drift kit really help, but i grabbed my stock tires, put some electrical tape on ALL four tires, and it's basically soft drift tires..lol..but the tape really gets torn up in my backyard

Maverik
01-15-2005, 11:37 PM
a mono shock helps alot for drifting

nVsBuLLeT
01-31-2005, 12:48 AM
newbie here...wuts a mono shock??

gearhead
02-03-2005, 11:53 AM
LIKE A SWAY BER ON A REAL CAR