PDA

View Full Version : s2 motor from RS

DrIfToRDIe
07-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Well to day i bought my first truck and it is pretty quick but i want it to go faster or maybe one of my cars,well anyways the first time i bought a s2 i got the wrong one i got it for a gen 1 not a evo,so i took apart alot of stuff by the motor to try to fit it in,then i noticed that it was a gen 1 motor upgrade,,so i bought a s2 evo for my g35 chassis then i installed and then it would have about 28,000 rpm then i put it on the ground and it stopped and then i picked it up ,and it had less rpm,and i kept on doing this then finally went to like 300 rpm,,,and i dont know if i got the spacer wrong and pinion gear wrong but it didnt move,,well i have a s2 just sittin there peferctly fine never used but i dont know if i want to use it cause it might break my xmod, so should i put it on or leave it there?

Thank for your time reading this

NOTE TO MODS:if this is in the wrong type of forum im sorry i dint know where to put it

xmodsnut
07-29-2007, 02:26 AM
needs moved to electrical but anyway I have a few questions for you
1. did you used fully charged batteries? The fix. make sure they are fully charged up.
2.did you use the right spacer. there is a number on both the motor gear and the second gear make sure they match your spacer numbers. the first one is your motor gear number. if you just took the one off the stock one and put it on your S2 then all you have to do is put the motor back in with the stock spacer. the green colored second gear is 23 and the stock and orange is 25. all the numbers are on the back of the gears so it is pretty hard to not know what spacer to use
3 what should you do. if I was there right now I would have it running like a champ

DrIfToRDIe
07-29-2007, 02:41 AM
well if it doesnt work then i can always swirch back my stock motor right?

xmodsnut
07-29-2007, 02:46 AM
yes and you can even use all the gear setups from the S2 motor for you S1 motor.

turbo2092
07-29-2007, 08:47 AM
thats what i did i took my s1 motor and used the lowest gear setting on the s2 for torque

DrIfToRDIe
07-29-2007, 05:20 PM
well i just need the instructions

SUPERSHELBY
07-29-2007, 05:29 PM
look on the RS website and search up stage 2 motor kit, click on it, and there should be some instructions u can download