PDA

View Full Version : Another Real Car Question

TheB1GDude
07-26-2007, 03:45 PM
OK guys now that I have my Mustang GT I need to sort something out for my girlfriend!

Put simple she wants a used car with less that 50,000 miles on it that is around or under $10,000.

To put it as a women she wants:

A small cute car she can get resprayed in pink
It needs to be FWD or AWD
Has to be able to drive in the snow
Needs to be an auto
Preferable a hatchback
Oh and did I mention it had to be cute and girly!!

She has already ruled out Subaru's as she doesn't like any of them in pink! Apologies to the Subaru guys on the forum!

She is kind of leaning towards a Mini or a VW New Beetle.

So come on guys help me out with some (sensible) suggestions on a car for her???

REDisFASTER
07-26-2007, 03:49 PM
You could probably get her a used Nissan Versa hatch for about $10,000. Its FWD, would probably come in auto, and probably less than 50K on the odometer.

Its kinda cute... Though IMO, a 'cute and girly' car would probably be more in the lines of Mazda's Miata. But that's RWD, non-hatch, and most likely in 5-speed.

taiwanesekid05
07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
used civic hands down :D...

er... don't get her an old vw, she'll drive 2 feet then it'll break down... unless if it's herbie...

mustang-04
07-26-2007, 04:08 PM
'01 sunfire gt :)

lol.. i gots one, and i feel like girl driving it :(

at least the paint is a pretty dark blue! i got mine because its cheaper than snot to drive and if it breaks, i can toss and buy another...

anyvays.. a little modding and you can make them look decent to look at.

http://www.automotriz.net/2001/images/salones/new-york-2001/gm-sunfire_2.jpg

xmodificationer
07-26-2007, 04:38 PM
hmmmm what about a used mazda 3 hatchback?

Numbchux
07-26-2007, 05:10 PM
a friend of mine just had the Head Gasket go out on her Saturn, and is in a similar boat (except she wants a 5-speed).

we've found a number of ~5 year old Toyota Celicas with 40-50k on them for under $10k.

SUPERSHELBY
07-26-2007, 05:38 PM
cant go wrong with a Focus:) ....it may be a little over 10k tho

tayyab
07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
****it cant remember the name, how about those cars from the italian job? i think they are under 10k

V8lover411
07-26-2007, 08:18 PM
my dads got a 2001 honda civic hatchback 62000 miles willing to let it go for 5800 all power cloth interior and silver in color

xmodsnut
07-26-2007, 09:09 PM
It all depends on the year you get. you can get into a two year old one for around 10k with under 30k on the odometer. make sure if you do you get the 2.3 liter duratec (150hp) or the 2.0 liter Zetec (130hp). the better engine in my opinion would be the duratec. It has been around for the past 30 years.

****it cant remember the name, how about those cars from the italian job? i think they are under 10k

the cars from the italian job were mini coopers. and there is no way in hell you could get one for under 15k right now.

xmodificationer
07-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Mazda 3 hatchback!

mini-z drift
07-26-2007, 09:21 PM
.:PINK:. 240sx :D:D:D:D:D:D

123Vette
07-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Get a volvo all my girlfriends love mine or get here a wagon one if thats what she wants i got mine a 2001 turbocharged one for 11k a wagons even cheaper

garder121
07-26-2007, 10:16 PM
u know wat just a beetle in bright orange now thats girlie i saw a guy in florida drivin one it was turbo and every time he accelarates the wing goes and wen he brakes it goes down.either it washis girl's car or his but he looked fruity drivin it. or u could buy it in lambo lime green my nieghbor has one and she looks girlie drivin it and she like one of the guys

TheB1GDude
07-26-2007, 11:31 PM
OK so:

You could probably get her a used Nissan Versa hatch for about $10,000. Its FWD, would probably come in auto, and probably less than 50K on the odometer.

Can not find any of these used at the moment and new ones with decent options cost like $22K!

Its kinda cute... Though IMO, a 'cute and girly' car would probably be more in the lines of Mazda's Miata. But that's RWD, non-hatch, and most likely in 5-speed.

She doesn't feel girly enough to drive a Miata which is a polite way of saying that all Miata's should be crushed!!

used civic hands down :D...

er... don't get her an old vw, she'll drive 2 feet then it'll break down... unless if it's herbie...

Not a fan of the Civic and it would be a new Beetle not an old which is currently top of her list.

'01 sunfire gt :)

lol.. i gots one, and i feel like girl driving it :(

at least the paint is a pretty dark blue! i got mine because its cheaper than snot to drive and if it breaks, i can toss and buy another...

anyvays.. a little modding and you can make them look decent to look at.

http://www.automotriz.net/2001/images/salones/new-york-2001/gm-sunfire_2.jpg

Yeah not a bad suggestion! But she's had prior bad Pontiac experience and doesn't really want to go back down that path!!

hmmmm what about a used mazda 3 hatchback?

Great suggestion way up on her list but she wants the new shape and those are still like $17,000 used!

a friend of mine just had the Head Gasket go out on her Saturn, and is in a similar boat (except she wants a 5-speed).

we've found a number of ~5 year old Toyota Celicas with 40-50k on them for under $10k.

Not sure if she likes the Celica.

Hah nope definitely not!!

my dads got a 2001 honda civic hatchback 62000 miles willing to let it go for 5800 all power cloth interior and silver in color

She only likes the newest shape!

.:PINK:. 240sx :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hell no!! That could easily be faster than my Mustang and that would not be cool! :)

Get a volvo all my girlfriends love mine or get here a wagon one if thats what she wants i got mine a 2001 turbocharged one for 11k a wagons even cheaper

Wow you drive a Volvo and you have the balls to make fun of my Mustang!!

Lets have a quick quiz shall we.... how many Xmod Volvo's where produced compared to how many Xmod Mustangs???

Finally I really can't find anything remotely cute or girly about a pink volvo!! Sorry!!

u know wat just a beetle in bright orange now thats girlie i saw a guy in florida drivin one it was turbo and every time he accelarates the wing goes and wen he brakes it goes down.either it washis girl's car or his but he looked fruity drivin it. or u could buy it in lambo lime green my nieghbor has one and she looks girlie drivin it and she like one of the guys

Yeap this is right at the top of her list! Apparently they released a limited edition (13 only to be precise) Pink Barbie Edition that was only sold in Mexico!

So some great suggestions guys! Mini's and Beetles being top of the list! We saw one Mini listed for $12K but since then all around the $15K mark, the Beetles go for about $10K keep the suggestions coming!

DrIfToRDIe
07-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Subaru Subaru Subaru,get The Wrx Wagon And Ill Be Your Best Friend!

REDisFASTER
07-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Subaru Subaru Subaru,get The Wrx Wagon And Ill Be Your Best Friend!

Subarus are driven (mileage), and the late 80's and early 90's Subies actually have a pretty high re-sale value

TheB1GDude
07-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Subarus are driven (mileage), and the late 80's and early 90's Subies actually have a pretty high re-sale value

Plus my girlfriend thinks that dont look right painted pink and this car is going to be for her so I have to keep that in mind!

firebird999
07-27-2007, 12:49 AM
lol, my sister wants a high profile hummer painted pink, she hates hatchbacks!

your gf's best bet is a 90's beetle, a pink mini would look hideous.

dontspamme
07-27-2007, 02:09 AM
....Lets have a quick quiz shall we.... how many Xmod Volvo's where produced compared to how many Xmod Mustangs???....

Uhh lets see. Volvo=4 and Mustangs=0 nah I'm joking volvo=0 Mustang=4 if you count the transformer one... As for her car. Go with a........... Smart Car!!! even tho if thier around $30K, another choice would be a RSX in pink is always its only around $14K where I live:D hence the fact that I have 5 3/4... RSX xmods...

texan_idiot25
07-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Just find a used Mini Cooper One. Or go balls out and get the Cooper S

You know, the monster Yugo is STILL an option. Small, cute, and could surely tackle the snow, and still not be faster than your mustang (or anything for that matter)

http://www.jtruck.net/misc/4x4cars/full/4x4yugo.jpg

www.cars.com
www.carmax.com
www.autotrader.com
www.stolencars4sale.com

Numbchux
07-27-2007, 04:56 AM
oh, the insecurities :lol:

TheB1GDude
07-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Just find a used Mini Cooper One. Or go balls out and get the Cooper S

http://www.jtruck.net/misc/4x4cars/full/4x4yugo.jpg

Now that is for a sweet ride!!

This car is for my girlfriend she can't drive stick so she can't have a Cooper-S!

Used Mini Coopers run about $15K plus which is more money than she wanted to spend, that why she is just looking for a standard Mini.

Thanks!

ttxbednar
07-27-2007, 09:36 AM
well i would say lambo or ferr but under or around $10,000 u can't get anything but u can get a beetle and spray flowers al over the place you can get a old mustang or a explorer,i saw bmw for sell too like 9,000 spnd the other 1,000 on the 4wd thing well thats all i got..

texan_idiot25
07-27-2007, 10:14 AM
The Cooper One is the base model:
http://www.miniusa.com/#/learn/FACTS_FEATURES_SPECS/Top_Features/|mini-m

http://www.motorsportscenter.com/uploads/red_mini_cooper_static.jpg

Check out the sites I listed, normally you can find some killer deals on there, you just gotta keep a look out.

garder121
07-27-2007, 05:42 PM
i would say stay with the beetle but if u are gettin the newer version(body style) it might get a liltle expensive to maintain if shes a hard driver. but the older one were cool especailly if u fix them up and make them look like herbie or somethin(lol guess wat i was born in one the onlder styles yea)(seriously)

lol
07-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Get a Scion. Not the TC but that boxy one XD Pink Too