PDA

View Full Version : My New Car

TheB1GDude
07-25-2007, 08:17 PM
So after all the backwards and forwards with trying to pick a new car I finally went bought one and today I picked it up!

Now before I show you the pictures I am fairly certain that some of you are going to be banging your heads of the keyboard going why Andrew why..... well I just want to explain that I went to the dealer where I got my SUV from, now the dealer is a close friend of my girlfriends family, the finance and the used car managers are close friends of mine!

I got them evaluate my SUV for trade in and they told me it was worth $14,000 I told them that just wasn't good enough so they got me another $1000 for it and I said that still wasn't good enough so that gave me another $900, so my 05 SUV had a trade in value of $15,900.

The car I picked out had a sticker price of $29,999 thats about $33,000 once you add tax and was brand new rather than the used cars I had been looking at! They gave me a $1500 cash rebate on the car and then took $5000 of the price of the car.

When it was all said and done the car worked out at $27,000 (including tax and all the fees for the title, registration, etc), I put $1500 down and monthly payments on the car work out at $454.54 which is only $50 more a month that my SUV was!

Insurance costs me $10 more a month!

So overall I think I got a flippin sweet deal on this brand new 07 car!

Now for the grand unveiling, I want to show you want a used to drive first:

05 Ford Explorer XLT Sport:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/3.jpg

Now I'm going to give you the specs of my new car:

4.6L, V8, 300hp engine
Rear Wheel Drive
17" alloy wheels
6-disc CD player with changer
8 speakers
MP3 audio input.
Five speed manual transmission
Driver/passenger airbags
Anti-trunk trap
4 wheel ABS brakes
Tire detail
Anti-theft
Power accessories
Intermittent wipers
Tinted glass
Power adjustable exterior mirror
Rear defogger
Air conditioning
Cruise control
Steering wheel mounted controls
Tire pressure monitor
Tilt steering
Multi-adjustable powered driver's seat
Front bucket seats
Power lumbar support
Halogen headlights
Fog lights
Leather interior
Rear spoiler
Traction control

Now because I know some of you will just scroll down I am going to put some space in to make sure you read above! :)

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Keep scrolling

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

So here she is then:

2007 Ford Mustang 2+2 coupe with Premium Package in Windveil Blue with the Beige interior with black accents:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/12.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/9.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/6.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/7.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/8.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/2.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/5.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/11.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/rides/images/gt/10.jpg

This is one hell of a quick car!! I can break 45MPH in 2nd gear at about 4000RPM the power really kicks in and I can do 0 - 60 in 5.1 seconds!!

Enjoy!! I know I will!!

speed3326
07-25-2007, 08:19 PM
nice mustang also where in pa u live

TheB1GDude
07-25-2007, 08:20 PM
nice mustang also where in pa u live

Thanks - Pittston PA! Up in the North East Corner.

garder121
07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
ur money do wat u want thats all i have to say and its true i am banging my head o the keyboard askin y did u buy that car but o well its nice (but only as a xmod imo

SUPERSHELBY
07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
nice *** car man.....nice color as well....take care of that beast

TheB1GDude
07-25-2007, 08:28 PM
ur money do wat u want thats all i have to say and its true i am banging my head o the keyboard askin y did u buy that car but o well its nice (but only as a xmod imo

Oh I should point out that this is according to the dealer the best deal ANYONE has ever got on a GT mustang! I got seriously hooked up on it which is why I decided to go for it rather than buy a year old GTO for $28,000 before tax!

darkendblades
07-25-2007, 08:33 PM
hahahahaha garder just likes crasppy ricers he cant handle the power of the mucle in you beautiful stang lol , love it dont go get a ticket soon lol

TheB1GDude
07-25-2007, 08:35 PM
hahahahaha garder just likes crasppy ricers he cant handle the power of the mucle in you beautiful stang lol , love it dont go get a ticket soon lol

Oh speaking of which I destroyed one of those whimpy new Eclipse V6 things!! Sucker should not have messed with me!

darkendblades
07-25-2007, 08:38 PM
oh sweetness lol, dang them ricers lol.

xmodificationer
07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
yes american muscle! nice dude i like how it has the hoodscoop in the premium package, does it have the shakker 1000 or 500 watt system?

TheB1GDude
07-25-2007, 09:11 PM
yes american muscle! nice dude i like how it has the hoodscoop in the premium package, does it have the shakker 1000 or 500 watt system?

Yeap I want to replace the hood scope with an open one and see about the bolt on supercharger!!

It has the shaker 600 or 6000 system... not sure which but its a 6 disc cd changer with MP3 and line in, don't think I have the sub option but I haven't looked in the trunk yet! Also the stereo is kind of pointless because you can never hear it because the car is to loud! :)

xmodificationer
07-25-2007, 09:13 PM
ehh there not that too loud i used to have a Mustang GT, its either a shaker 500 or a 1000 it should say on the CD player flap thing
i dought they would have a 6000 watt option;)

garder121
07-25-2007, 09:16 PM
4get american muscel thats all american cars have they only stick to one thing muscel

SUPERSHELBY
07-25-2007, 09:18 PM
4get american muscel thats all american cars have they only stick to one thing muscel

........no comment.....and its *muscle*;) :lol:

xmodificationer
07-25-2007, 09:22 PM
also IMO get new rims, the only ones i like for the mustang are the 18" chrome clad 5 spoke rims they are kinda like those but a inch bigger and they are chrome

garder121
07-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh speaking of which I destroyed one of those whimpy new Eclipse V6 things!! Sucker should not have messed with me!

wat year was that elclipse that u crushed and was it in good lookin condition or was it was one of those ricey wannabe drifters with on of those unesessary bk that looks retarded?
cuz if so then that american muscle is watse and and another thing imo elcipses r a waste also even the new ones

also IMO get new rims, the only ones i like for the mustang are the 18" chrome clad 5 spoke rims they are kinda like those but a inch bigger and they are chrome
no offense bigdude but no type of rims would make me like but its only my opinoin i know some people don't it but hey its just me

taiwanesekid05
07-25-2007, 09:33 PM
so you said screw the GTO, and went out to buy a mustang?...
mustangs are nice and if u get the right muffler, you can hear the V8 pump out a sweet noise...

xmodificationer
07-25-2007, 09:38 PM
get flowmasters! wait is that one with them? i know there an option, even you do have them get some loud flowmaster catbacks, they are great my dad had them on the stang

REDisFASTER
07-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Love the color! And props for not choosing the convertible!

Now take off that dealer badge on the back of the car!

Sounds like you need to get a Mustang body, paint it up like your car, and display it on your dash!

turbo2092
07-25-2007, 10:21 PM
bang why bang why why

why didnt you get a convertable

TheB1GDude
07-25-2007, 10:45 PM
ehh there not that too loud i used to have a Mustang GT, its either a shaker 500 or a 1000 it should say on the CD player flap thing
i dought they would have a 6000 watt option;)

I'll check tomorrow and let you know!

wat year was that elclipse that u crushed and was it in good lookin condition or was it was one of those ricey wannabe drifters with on of those unesessary bk that looks retarded?
cuz if so then that american muscle is watse and and another thing imo elcipses r a waste also even the new ones

It was the new model I guess an 06 - it was the top of the line Eclipse!

no offense bigdude but no type of rims would make me like but its only my opinoin i know some people don't it but hey its just me

Thats fine everyone is welcome to their own opinon!

Out of interest what do you drive? Better not be one of those hippy hybrid cars thats making you give American Muscle such a hard time!! :p

so you said screw the GTO, and went out to buy a mustang?...
mustangs are nice and if u get the right muffler, you can hear the V8 pump out a sweet noise...

Yes basically!! and its pretty sweet without one! I'll try and record the engine sound tomorrow morning once the neighbors wake up actually I don't like my neighbors so maybe I'll do it at 6am!!

Love the color! And props for not choosing the convertible!

Now take off that dealer badge on the back of the car!

Sounds like you need to get a Mustang body, paint it up like your car, and display it on your dash!

Dealer badge will be gone tomorrow!! Don't worry the Mustang shell will be coming!

bang why bang why why

why didnt you get a convertable

1. Real men don't drive convertibles.
2. I live in the mountains in Pennsylvania and its only warm for three monts of the year and unfortunately those three months are almost over!

ttxbednar
07-25-2007, 11:09 PM
you make me feel poor...:(

REDisFASTER
07-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Real men don't drive convertibles.

:lol: Very true! Can't wait to see what you do with the Mustang shell!

I also recall seeing this burly muscle-guy driving an old 90's convertible MIATA! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen!

tayyab
07-26-2007, 03:51 AM
now that is 1 sexy mustang i dont noe why xmods mustang looks that good stock,lol

Numbchux
07-26-2007, 03:59 AM
I raced an '05 GT....stoplight to ~65.....his rear bumper was about 3 feet in front of my front bumper when I shut down (no speeding for me, thank you).

my car cost ~$2k (3-4 if you pay someone else for the labor)

I can carry 8ft lumber

I can carry 4 adults...comfortably

I've got 3x the diffs, and traction devices in 2 of them

and I can easily get 25mpg....even with my lead foot

TheB1GDude
07-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I raced an '05 GT....stoplight to ~65.....his rear bumper was about 3 feet in front of my front bumper when I shut down (no speeding for me, thank you).

my car cost ~$2k (3-4 if you pay someone else for the labor)

I can carry 8ft lumber

I can carry 4 adults...comfortably

I've got 3x the diffs, and traction devices in 2 of them

and I can easily get 25mpg....even with my lead foot

Thats cool - I have no issue with that I am just bored of driving sensible cars and wanted something fun!

firebird999
07-26-2007, 10:18 AM
paint your xmod like it

don't listen to others about the rice sucks thing.... that thing has enough hp that it almost requires rims, bk, taillights, and a cf hood to even out the muscle/rice balance.

garder121
07-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I'll check tomorrow and let you know!

Thats fine everyone is welcome to their own opinon!

Out of interest what do you drive? Better not be one of those hippy hybrid cars thats making you give American Muscle such a hard time!! :p

Yes basically!! and its pretty sweet without one! I'll try and record the engine sound tomorrow morning once the neighbors wake up actually I don't like my neighbors so maybe I'll do it at 6am!!

Dealer badge will be gone tomorrow!! Don't worry the Mustang shell will be coming!

1. Real men don't drive convertibles.
2. I live in the mountains in Pennsylvania and its only warm for three monts of the year and unfortunately those three months are almost over!

wat do i drive lets see ....nothin seein that i'm only 13 wen i get my lisense and buy my own car i'll come back to you

TheB1GDude
07-26-2007, 02:23 PM
wat do i drive lets see ....nothin seein that i'm only 13 wen i get my lisense and buy my own car i'll come back to you

:) Thats cool! We can race for pinks....

garder121
07-26-2007, 02:40 PM
ya with my first car........no!

vietazndude
07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
wow, i was expecting you to get the gto but you got a mustang! which is still good. love that color. have fun with that beast.

123Vette
07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
thats ugly fords suck

SUPERSHELBY
07-26-2007, 10:31 PM
thats ugly fords suck

u coulda said that in a better way man...

firebird999
07-26-2007, 10:39 PM
thats ugly fords suck

your ugly you suck

see how you like it

TheB1GDude
07-26-2007, 11:33 PM
thats ugly fords suck

Its a lot prettier than a Volvo!!

DrIfToRDIe
07-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Um THROW SOME D'S ON THAT ****** ahahhah wow or get some dubs atleast dude haha but im not a huge fan of mustangs but there ok

REDisFASTER
07-27-2007, 12:21 AM
lol, he's a mature guy, guys... He's not gonna be putting Dubs on the stang! Look how he reacted to Numbchux's comment. If he was a Dub guy, he'd be talking all ghetto. If he was a boyracer, he would've commented back on Numbchux's Subie.

In this current day, I really wouldn't want to own a racey (sp?) or showy car.

Remember the incident in Cali where street racers and 'if we suspect that you're car has been modified for street racing' have had their cars crushed.

IMO, its not worth it. Plus its a new car (personally speaking, not yearly), so he'd want to get a feel of it for a while before he does anything drastic!

TheB1GDude
07-27-2007, 12:26 AM
lol, he's a mature guy, guys... He's not gonna be putting Dubs on the stang! Look how he reacted to Numbchux's comment. If he was a Dub guy, he'd be talking all ghetto. If he was a boyracer, he would've commented back on Numbchux's Subie.

In this current day, I really wouldn't want to own a racey (sp?) or showy car.

Remember the incident in Cali where street racers and 'if we suspect that you're car has been modified for street racing' have had their cars crushed.

IMO, its not worth it. Plus its a new car (personally speaking, not yearly), so he'd want to get a feel of it for a while before he does anything drastic!

Exactly plus having a car that looks stock on the outside but is tunned under the hood is much more fun when punks want to race me!! :)

jesseeast1
07-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Nice mustang man!

SUPERSHELBY
07-27-2007, 12:48 AM
keep us updated on mods B1GDude:bigwink:

texan_idiot25
07-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Our humble GMC Jimmy still makes more torque per liter than your stang! (some how figured this out with super shelby)

Though I still think you shoulda got the GTO, atleast its V8, rwd, loud, and 'MURIKAN!

As for the scoop, pop it off, take out that insert, and cut your own hole in the hood, then pop the scoop back on. I wouldnt be much harder that that I would imagine, and still keep the sleeper/stock look.

Or pop off the GT badging, and front bumper and swap them all with the base Mustang, and get some exhaust that exits under the body (with remote butterfly cutouts of course) and so its got the V6 mustang appearenc, and build it up form there :P

And Hot Rod TV just recently did a Stroker build, I think they stroke it t 5.0L with the kit. Search "The Power Block" and then they have a directory with all their parts used on TV

Numbchux
07-27-2007, 05:06 AM
Though I still think you shoulda got the GTO, atleast its V8, rwd, loud, and 'MURIKAN!

umm.....what?

the Mustang does have a V8 and RWD, has a nice rumble even stock, and is alot more 'murikan (assuming that means american....despite the fact it looks more like something about Pakistan :lol: ) than the Australian GTO.

texan_idiot25
07-27-2007, 08:30 AM
umm.....what?

the Mustang does have a V8 and RWD, has a nice rumble even stock, and is alot more 'murikan (assuming that means american....despite the fact it looks more like something about Pakistan :lol: ) than the Australian GTO.

'murikan: haha yes, American. My history teacher Said it like that for humor

But I was refering to the Mustang in that statement. As in, atleast what he got is... etc.

TheB1GDude
07-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Just to prove that this was the right car for me... I met a guy with an 04 GTO today and he couldn't keep his hands of my stang!! :)

123Vette
07-27-2007, 05:10 PM
hey i never said i liked the fact i got a volvo but i stand by my comment chevys are the only way to go!!!!!!

taiwanesekid05
07-27-2007, 05:26 PM
u gonna change the rims? add a bk?

personally, i'd change the rims... they look kinda ugly... it no shiny.

u should get "twontay fo's on dat whip!"

texan_idiot25
07-27-2007, 05:43 PM
This isnt a honda civic, you dont just slap some rimz and body kitz.

Most american muscle cars youll find are a helluva lot more go than show if some one starts spending cash.

taiwanesekid05
07-27-2007, 11:46 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/04/ROUSH_Stage3_Mustang_450.jpg

then how about the roush kit?

TheB1GDude
07-27-2007, 11:55 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/04/ROUSH_Stage3_Mustang_450.jpg

then how about the roush kit?

I'm going to get the side window vents and the viper stripes next month, so the only thing that car has different to mine are the rims which I dont really like and the front bumper which is pretty cool but I'd rather get performance over looks.... at least for the time being!!

texan_idiot25
07-28-2007, 12:13 AM
I still think swaping off the GT body parts and slapping on the V6 panels and hiding the exhaust for the sleeper mojo is WAY more fun :lol:

taiwanesekid05
07-28-2007, 10:26 PM
you should slap on a huge GT-R sticker on the back, claim it's a Toyota Skyline Type-R and say it's a rotary with pistons :D

xmodificationer
07-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I still think swaping off the GT body parts and slapping on the V6 panels and hiding the exhaust for the sleeper mojo is WAY more fun :lol:

dude i really like texans idea that would be sweet pull up, they look, you got a GT but they think its a V6:D

SUPERSHELBY
07-28-2007, 11:39 PM
you should slap on a huge GT-R sticker on the back, claim it's a Toyota Skyline Type-R and say it's a rotary with pistons :D

HELL NO!!

Barricade1
07-29-2007, 12:24 AM
that is a nice stang. and i love the colar. ford is coming out with some nice colors for there cars now. i think that color will look nice on a mod.

taiwanesekid05
07-30-2007, 02:54 PM
HELL NO!!

i was just kidding... :P

sweetvette
07-31-2007, 01:37 AM

lol, i remember that video......

nice car btw, very nice, my only suggestion would be to keep it plain and simple.

devbell
10-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Personally, Corvette or Camaro would have been a real score! I thought you were talking about a xmod project, but that explains alot!! Don't get too many tickets in too short a time. I've been there done that. You get a nasty letter from the state threatening your license:lol:

TheB1GDude
10-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Just save everyone lots of confusion, this is an old thread.... if you want to see whats going on with my car then look here:

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14077