PDA

View Full Version : Titan question.

jabari
07-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Okay, this has had me asking my friends on what a particular part on a truck does.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/oddryu/titan1.jpg
As you can see here the transmission has, what it lookes to me, is a transfer case with a driveshaft connected to it.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/oddryu/titan3.jpg
Circled in the white, looks like to me is a "dogbone" that helps move the front wheels, but I am not entirely sure on what that does. Can someone explain to me what it is there for? Maybe suspension support?

firebird999
07-24-2007, 08:26 PM
i think youre right because you can see it go thru to the other wheel. btw, why didn't you go to a nissan dealer for this?

speed3326
07-24-2007, 08:55 PM
i just got a nissan titan 2days a go

u can talk to noturday and xmod me and noturday was talk about them be4 i got mine

jabari
07-25-2007, 03:40 PM
i think youre right because you can see it go thru to the other wheel. btw, why didn't you go to a nissan dealer for this?

Because, maybe other people were wondering the same thing.

REDisFASTER
07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I believe its the unfinished steering rack. It doesn't look connected to the axle hubs yet, since most of the chassis parts are missing.

Trucks usually have reverse Ackerman steering geometry, where the steering rack is infront of the axle. While most cars have standard Ackerman steering geometry, where the steering rack is behind the axle.

Numbchux
07-25-2007, 04:34 PM
not sure what you're asking about the first pic.....it definitely has a transfer case, and a driveshaft....

the second one is the tie rod.

jabari
07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
not sure what you're asking about the first pic.....it definitely has a transfer case, and a driveshaft....

the second one is the tie rod.

I wasn't asking anything about the first pic, just showing that it has a transfer case and driveshaft going to the front and in the second pic asking what those rods were there for.

Numbchux
07-26-2007, 04:09 AM
I wasn't asking anything about the first pic, just showing that it has a transfer case and driveshaft going to the front and in the second pic asking what those rods were there for.

yep....it's 4WD

tie rod is for steering