PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell??

bondo
07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
some of you may have seen my modster truck and read that ive been having some steering issues. im still not 100%positive of what im going to do about it and i have a few ideas but while i was staring at it for what seems like hours, i noticed something slightly perplexing.
there's what seems to be a small resistor bridging from the + of the servo motor to the middle tab for the potentiometer.
the reason that this puzzles me is because i've looked at all of my other trucks boards(3 hummers,3 f150's 1 Titan) and it's only on the hummer boards.

so my questions are,.....what the hell is is it,whats it there for and why is it only on the hummers???

here's a couple pics.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/niklebaggz/xmodster/P1010083.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/niklebaggz/xmodster/P1010084.jpg
cheers,

tayyab
07-16-2007, 05:32 PM
sorry i dont noe wat ur talking about but u noe where u put the oops sign and the board is fried toward the place where u insert the light kits?
in my evo the SAME thing happend and i fried my steering FET
can u plz tell me what the hell happend to my board and urs?

bondo
07-16-2007, 06:09 PM
mine was caused by a larger servo motor, larger gauge wire to the motor and pot and running li-ions. i've got my problem sorted but i'm unsure of yours.

if you had a more detailed explination of what you did differently.
boards dont just pop like that for no reason so something must have been different from the stock setup.

BART
07-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Is it possible that this is similar to the tight turns mod on gen ones? Maybe the hummer requires a different turning radius...this is my best guess. Or maybe it's to slow the steering response to help stop the hummers from flipping so easily.

taiwanesekid05
07-16-2007, 06:30 PM
try swapping out the boards from another truck... it might help

TheB1GDude
07-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Now bondo are you sure you didn't get drunk one night and decide to solder it on and see what happens?? :)

Sorry man I'm as lost as everyone else... I do know that stock Hummers suck! Maybe this has something to do with it, they do (in my opinion) turn differently to the Titan and F-150 so maybe ZX9RBART is on the money.

123Vette
07-16-2007, 09:16 PM
hm i dk must be a glicth in the buying process

Darkmagik
07-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Lets blame HPI for not paying the chinese enough to make hummers. IDK all i know is that my evo board is dead.

Jon

hawkskater
07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
i dont under stand what ur showing me in those pics

tayyab
07-17-2007, 05:04 AM
mine was caused by a larger servo motor, larger gauge wire to the motor and pot and running li-ions. i've got my problem sorted but i'm unsure of yours.

if you had a more detailed explination of what you did differently.
boards dont just pop like that for no reason so something must have been different from the stock setup.

well u noe the neon kit? the plug that goes into the socket on the board broke off and i kind of tried to connect the wires to it and soldier it but i forgot to turn off my rc....... well u noe wat happend after that...
diffrence is ur board survived but i blew a steering FET.:D

bondo
07-17-2007, 10:02 AM
well u noe the neon kit? the plug that goes into the socket on the board broke off and i kind of tried to connect the wires to it and soldier it but i forgot to turn off my rc....... well u noe wat happend after that...
diffrence is ur board survived but i blew a steering FET.:D

oh no, i blew one too:bigwink:
this was the first thing that went after the wire upgrade(or downgreade depending on how you look at it)
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/niklebaggz/xmodster/burntfet.jpg

Darkmagik- Lets blame HPI for not paying the chinese enough to make hummers. IDK all i know is that my evo board is dead.

Jon

and the award for the most useless and irrelevent post goes too..............................................D arkMagik
please man, if you dont know what your talking about...please stay the hell out of my threads.

chinesekid05- try swapping out the boards from another truck... it might help
if you read the posts, you would see that your actually looking at two seperate boards meaning I already tried that.
and uhh, what whould swapping boards do to answer my questions???

ZX9RBART- Is it possible that this is similar to the tight turns mod on gen ones? Maybe the hummer requires a different turning radius...this is my best guess. Or maybe it's to slow the steering response to help stop the hummers from flipping so easily.

so far this sounds like the most reasonable explination.
however, the tight turns resistors are stock on the evo (see R27 and R28)
so if they needed to reduce the radius on the hummer then why wouldnt they just wire the pot like the Gen1's?

c1v1c
07-17-2007, 01:02 PM
I have the same resistor on my f150 board befor also...i guess its not only the hummer that have that resistor then. and one of my steering fet also fried...But i dont bolame that little resistor but my f150 was stock and it still fried the steering fet.