PDA

View Full Version : is 2X6 the limit for stacking?

tayyab
07-16-2007, 05:17 PM
i was wondering if i could stack higher than 2X6?

meme405
07-16-2007, 07:39 PM
i believe you can go as high as you want but i dont think there is much more need too...and couldnt you write this in your other thread...you dont need a whole new thread for this same thing...

BART
07-16-2007, 07:50 PM
i believe you can go as high as you want but i dont think there is much more need too...and couldnt you write this in your other thread...you dont need a whole new thread for this same thing...

Please stop trying to be a mod. He asked 2 completely different questions hence 2 completely threads.

meme405
07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
fine but they are not two completely different questions...

its like making a thread about the nelly and its pro's and cons, and then making a thread about the stacked nelly and its pros and cons...

sometimes its just useful too have the info source in the same place. i think some have to understand, some people view these thread to awnser their question too and some of them arent the maker of the thread, so wouldnt it be useful if the info was in the same place??

either way sorry...

but why didnt you awnser his question?? you would clearly know...right??

lilskipro587
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
fine but they are not two completely different questions...

its like making a thread about the nelly and its pro's and cons, and then making a thread about the stacked nelly and its pros and cons...

sometimes its just useful too have the info source in the same place. i think some have to understand, some people view these thread to awnser their question too and some of them arent the maker of the thread, so wouldnt it be useful if the info was in the same place??

either way sorry...

but why didnt you awnser his question?? you would clearly know...right??

Who ever said you have a say in where he should put this?

BART
07-16-2007, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=meme405;107648]fine but they are not two completely different questions...

This is where your wrong...stop thinking and READ. The question above says NOTHING about a stacked nelly...It asks about stacking fets, which i took to mean stacking stock fets. Here is the original question pasted for your convenience.

I cant find the word nelly in there anywhere...If you see it let me know so that I can smash my computer with a sledgehammer...and once again, quit trying to be a mod...

Finally, I didnt need to post an answer when yours was correct. (I do that alot)

meme405
07-16-2007, 10:03 PM
ok well if i didnt read neither did you i was giving an example of what he did in two different threads...i didnt say thats the questions he asked...

i was simply giving an different example to show that he didnt need two different threads...W/e im not trying to be a mod, i couldnt care less.

Iche-1
07-16-2007, 10:49 PM
W/e im not trying to be a mod, i couldnt care less.

obviously you cared or you wouldnt have opened your trap about it.

yes you could, but you wouldnt need it.

tayyab
07-17-2007, 04:58 AM
SORRY for trying to be a mod but plz stay ON topic and stop arguing(however u spell it)
wont it help if i did in ANY way?

Iche-1
07-17-2007, 09:39 AM
SORRY for trying to be a mod but plz stay ON topic and stop arguing(however u spell it)
wont it help if i did in ANY way?

what motor will you be using to need a 6x6 stack?

bondo
07-17-2007, 09:51 AM
what motor will you be using to need a 6x6 stack?

where the hell ar you going to put 36 fets is what i want to know.
there's only 2 pads. so you can go as high as you want but the first number will always be 2.

but yeah, what motor are you using that needs a stack of 7 or more fets??

ferrarip4.5
07-17-2007, 10:48 AM
and correct me if im wrong but the fets will touch the ground if you go over 2X4, no?

bondo
07-17-2007, 10:50 AM
and correct me if im wrong but the fets will touch the ground if you go over 2X4, no?

the drive fets are on the top of the board and the steering fets are on the bottom on EVO.
but yea if you did it on a gen1 then they probably would hit the ground seeing as you only have about 5mm max clearance under a gen1 and each fet is just under 1mm thick.

RedSXmodder
07-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Well, if you plan on running a Team Checkpoint Hara Edition 540 sized motor, I suggest a 2x10 stack or higher...

;)

tayyab
07-17-2007, 01:26 PM
i wana use a tamiya 540 type motor

RedSXmodder
07-17-2007, 01:41 PM
i wana use a tamiya 540 type motor

Seriously? If so, I reccomend something better....

Try something by Team Checkpoint, or truespeed, lol

Later,
RedSXmodder

tayyab
07-17-2007, 01:44 PM
is it better than the 540?

ferrarip4.5
07-17-2007, 02:27 PM
they are not that fast...if you want torque theres plenty of stuff you can do to get more than enough torque, i dont get why you would want to mess with more than 2X6 fets...

RedSXmodder
07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah, why even attempt it. Over 2x6 is gonna strain your soldering skills to the max, and for what? Running a 540 motor that wouldn't fit in your car anyway?

Later,
RedSXmodder

tayyab
07-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, why even attempt it. Over 2x6 is gonna strain your soldering skills to the max, and for what? Running a 540 motor that wouldn't fit in your car anyway?

Later,
RedSXmodder

thats called cutom modification:bigwink:
i dont need it for my xmod im making a complete cutom truck in which i ripped apart my evo took out the board......and now i askin this

dont tell any1 but the chassis is made of technic(LEGO):lol: :bigwink:

ferrarip4.5
07-19-2007, 03:31 PM
there should be other ways to get around this problem, i really dont think a 2X10 stacked is gonna do any good, you might wanna try a external board or something

tayyab
07-19-2007, 08:19 PM
im thinking of a v2.2 it can handle uptil 30 volts INput so i guess its my best option