PDA

View Full Version : slight issue with stack........

liquid134
07-13-2007, 03:53 AM
ok so i recieved my order today from atomicmods. got home from work (rs), and started on the gen1. after finally getting it all soldered and not shorting anywhere, i took a break and just went to go assemble it. now problem #1 is that now with it stacked (i have 3 on each total) it doesnt fit in the chassis......how do i solve this??? and also, when i took out the electronics, 2 yellow pieces came out....and i dont know where there supposed to go. and i found it quite odd that when i opened the gen1 up........the drive shaft was in there........but no front gear setup....odd

Azngtboi88
07-13-2007, 04:02 AM
what do the yellow pieces look like? a picture would help. You could cut a slot through the chassis to fit the stack in, but then the stack will be open to the elements. no front gear setup? did you have awd in it before? I dont understand what you mean by no front gear setup

darkendblades
07-13-2007, 04:04 AM
hey ya pics would really be a help in this and like just sais fets need a slot cut out of the bottom of you chassi now wich is why im looking for a v2 board

c1v1c
07-13-2007, 12:07 PM
u have to cut off a part of the aluminium ep heat sink and also a bit of the chassis so there is place for the stacked fet.

turbo2092
07-13-2007, 12:14 PM
to cover the fets cut out a piece of the case and strectch it into a dome that covers the fets but is not big enough to hit the ground

coolcar24th
07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Just cut your bottom part of the chassie for the fets to fit in it. The yellow parts are probally bushings, I think they belong to your driveshaft. It should look like a yellow round thing with a hole. The driveshaft is suppose to be there, all gen1s have em regardless of AWD or not. There should be a black stopper in the front if you dont have AWD.