PDA

View Full Version : Tight turn mod resistor value?

Zer0
12-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Anybody know the resistance of those surface mount resistors for the "tight turning" mod? Ive got a few lying around my work area and dont want to order stuff ive already got. Thank you much. :)

BlackSky909
12-28-2004, 02:04 AM
Well look here (http://atomicmods.com/How_To/Tight_Turns/Tight_Turns_Install.htm) If this helps

Zer0
12-28-2004, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at the pic of the resistor for awhile and just cant figure out how to determin the resistance by the four (4) digit number printed on the top. By looking at it, i want to say maybe 470ohms with 1% tolerance. Althugh, i dont think that is right. I read somewere that there were 3.3ohm resistors. I just want to know so i dont end up ordering what i already have infront of me.

Edit: I measured the stock resistors and they are at .7K . So now im figuring the less resistance would let the servo turn further correct?

BlackSky909
12-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Yes that is correct. And you can get that exact sterring modfrom ebay for $4.99 and it comes with a 5th cell and 6th cell mod

drhender
02-16-2005, 07:10 PM
The eBay kits is NOT the same as the AtomicMods kit. The eBay kits that I've seen are inline resistors that get installed between the board and the servo, whereas the AtomicMods kit replaces the existing smt (surface mount) resistors.