PDA

View Full Version : 6-cell question

xmodmaverick
07-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Ok, so i have my nice saleen, yet it's running on stock power...
I want to bump it up...
a 6C would be great...
but don't want to buy the deans 6C set...
so, tell me, will this work.

Instead of soldering the wires to the batt pack to the ones that go to the ciurcut board, why not solder them directly to the motor wires. so that way, I don't have to fool around with the cuircut board, and if it doesn't work, I'll only lose one motor (which i am in abundance of) I have 2 batt holders from my trashed gen1. so, will this work?

xmodsnut
07-05-2007, 09:18 PM
you can do that but when you turn your car or controller off it will keep going. also you wont have reverse anymore but instead an ultra fast second speed when you put it in reverse. I did try this and it didn't work. you would be better off soldering it inline with the others.

xmodmaverick
07-05-2007, 09:49 PM
ok, can i just solder the wires instead of getting the Dean's plugs?

c1v1c
07-05-2007, 09:54 PM
you can directly soldeerr it and its really simple theres nothing complicated .

xmodsnut
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
here is how to do it without any special plugs. here is what you will need in case you want to go back to the regular setup.
two male covered connectors and two covered female connectors from a local auto parts store or wal-mart
and a set of wire crimpers/cutters
first cut your positive battery wire at the tray. solder a new red wire to it and make it about 3 inches long and connect a female end to it. then take your wire you just cut off the positive and put a male end on it. Now for the easy part take the black wire for the additional battery pack and put a male end on it. then put a female end on the red one. if your battery pack dont have black and red just make sure the positive goes to negative and you will be fine.

xmodmaverick
07-06-2007, 08:21 PM
ok, I'll try it.