PDA

View Full Version : xmods evo enigma...

xmodzracer
06-30-2007, 05:12 PM
My xmods evo is two years old and up to the last three months it has run perfect. Never had a problem. now out of the blue before a winter storm it started what seemed like over heating. i could run it full speed for about 30 seconds then it would stop. the motor would barely be warm and it still had reception cause i could still steer. If i leave it alone for about ten minutes it would run again for about 20 seconds then die. its weird cause i can still back up and steer and it will work if im going slow and cruising around somewhere cold. i keep thinking over heating but nothing looks like its burning and it will still die out if its cold after about a minute. does anybody have any idea what is wrong with this.

XmodDad
06-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Describe your setup, ie. what type of cells you use, any "Mods" you may have installed, motor type and etc. Also have you recently taken the car apart?

Do your batteries feel extremely hot to the touch after running that short amount of time?

jabari
06-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Xmoddad, do not double post, use edit button next time and yes, check your batteries, motor, etc...

BART
06-30-2007, 06:25 PM
It sounds like you have a failing fet. When they get warm they are expanding and causing the circuit to open...imo

xmodzracer
06-30-2007, 07:03 PM
hmm any solutions...im running a fully modded radio shack only moded car. nothing custom and yes i did take it apart to see if anything looked burned but nothing did.

123Vette
07-01-2007, 09:32 PM
does it have olith cuz if it does i have the same problem the batteries get old die and will only hold the charge for a few seconds, either that or youe fet is failing relace it and see what happens