PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE HERE!!!!!! need help

New Era Xmod
12-27-2004, 04:16 PM
hey everyone my name is Josh and Im 13, I just received a 65 mustang xmod for christmas and was having some trouble, the prob is its all stock and well my dad forgot to get the rechargable radioshack batteries , so i put in all fresh alkaline batteries to try it out till i get the rechagable ones. problem is that its extremley slow like it goes 3mph my lil bros zip zap beat it i know its stock and all but it should go decent out of the box right? please help im new to this and want to enjoy using it but i cant until i find out if theres a problem. hopefully u guys may know what wrong. so thanx

OleDirtyBastard
12-27-2004, 04:31 PM
did u try a fresh set of batteries?

New Era Xmod
12-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Yea I did, as soon as i noticed i needed rechargable ones i put in alkaline inuntil i got my rechargables. it had fresh ones and i turned it on put it on the floor hit the trigger and it went slow

OleDirtyBastard
12-27-2004, 11:07 PM
I heard that you cant use alkalines with the xmods.. I think I heard that somewhere

New Era Xmod
12-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Well idk im gonna get some upgrades today and there radioshack charger for 25 bucks, i did get it working with the alkaline but im not even gonna bother. today im gonna buy the charger, stage 2 motors, new rims and tires, and maybe the body kit.
thanx for all the help

BlackSky909
12-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Yes taht will be ur bes bet just get the radioshack rechargebales

moeman
12-29-2004, 08:45 PM
I just got a skyliner g/t for christmas with a pack of stage 2 motor upgrades and a suspension upgrade. I put the 11 tooth 30k motor in and up graded my suspension. Why doesnt it go any faster?

fastjohn
12-30-2004, 12:34 AM
Do not buy the radioshack rechargeables!

They have a low mAH ( They dont stay charged long )

You can get 800 mAH AAA cheap at wal-mart.

Also - I used alkaline untill i got rechargeables and have had no problems.