PDA

View Full Version : which circuit board has more torque?

tayyab
06-29-2007, 08:27 AM
the nelly, woah nelly, spiderv3,v2.2,v2,stacked FET 2X6?
i dont noe if theres any other but if there is 1 with more torque then tell me

bondo
06-29-2007, 10:02 AM
the boards produce no power of any kind. they simply allow it.
you most likely wont need an external board if your looking to crawl since the motors are high wind and generally run pretty cool.

all of the torque your looking for is found in a high wind(armerature winds) motor and gearing.

the stage 1 evo motor has the most torque for xmods. pair that with the 8/25 gearing and you have the most torque a stock xmod has to offer.

for 130 sized motors look for the atomic AWD , XI Stock Revolution motor or equip your stage 1 with some neo mags.

if your looking for major modification then check out my xmodster thread as well as janikphoto's landcruiser(i think), texan idiots s10, chux's or redsxmodders crawlers for ideas on how to bring out insane torque.
we each have our own ways of acheiving the major torque.
i used a huge bevel gear,janik used a servo motor,TI used a gearbox,chux used a bigger motor and red used a brushless motor.
all seem to be pretty effective. just look around for insperation.
cheers,
Bondo

tayyab
06-29-2007, 01:40 PM
u guyz inspired me in the first place, im thinking of putting in a tamiya 540 type motor but its too heavy i tried it and it climbed 75* angles but flipped back so i need an alternative

i thought the nelly brought more torque?

BART
06-29-2007, 09:30 PM
u guyz inspired me in the first place, im thinking of putting in a tamiya 540 type motor but its too heavy i tried it and it climbed 75* angles but flipped back so i need an alternative

i thought the nelly brought more torque?

An aftermarket board of fet upgrade can allow more current to flow which could produce more torque but for the most part Bondo is right...The motor and gearing is where the torque is.

tayyab
06-30-2007, 11:55 AM
ok.... then where can i get a really good gearbox?

BART
06-30-2007, 06:27 PM
ok.... then where can i get a really good gearbox?

you have asked this in other threads and been answered multiple times.

bondo
06-30-2007, 07:05 PM
you have asked this in other threads and been answered multiple times.

not only that, but your asking questions about every aspect of your crawler.
like i said, all of the info is there, just use google and you should be able to find just about anything you need.

take the innitiative to come up with someyhing unique.
if you ask for advice on everything that is going on your crawler then you didnt really do much more then build what others wanted you to.
dont be afraid to think outside the box.;)

tayyab
07-18-2007, 05:37 AM
dont need1 anymore found 1