PDA

View Full Version : Wheels have a lot of play not snug

Shrq
12-27-2004, 10:13 AM
I have a Black Nissan Skyline. The wheel lugs are tight, but there is still alot of play/space between the lug and the wheel. Is this normal? Does anyone use anything to reduce this space? The car doesn't go exactly straight. It drifts to the left. Before I start playing w/ the steering servo, I wanted to make sure my wheels were on correctly.

OleDirtyBastard
12-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Well yes that is normal for an xmod. I suggest you get spacers taht fit the xmod and then buy aluminum or alloy wheel nuts.

JavaJoe
12-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Same here. This is what I did initially, before buying alloy wheel nuts off EBay:

take the stock nuts and with a single edged razor blade or sharp pen knife, trim off the little nipple in the outside center of the nut. This will allow the axle to protrude thru the nut and tighted the nut even further against the wheel.

You will/may also want to invest in metal bearings, preferably the wide bearing set such as provided from www.atomicmods.com or other vendors. These will also tighten up the wheel, improve performance, and help control the car better.

OleDirtyBastard
12-27-2004, 11:12 PM
lol the nipple?? I get what you mean. u dont even have to cut the " nipple " off all u have to do is tigthenin real hard and it will come throught the nut