PDA

View Full Version : i need some help!!!!!

SuperSkylar
06-25-2007, 04:32 AM
i have a race tommorow and every time i turn on my car on the wheels fo to the right and cant turn them with the steering wheel, when i turn them by hand its like theres a rubber band inside and they go back all the way to the right, what can i do to fix it?

tayyab
06-25-2007, 05:17 AM
maybe u fried ur steering servo motor

darkendblade
06-25-2007, 05:28 AM
all it shouold be is that you got your servo gears so far tweak to one side after hitting something to hard they jumped over a couple teeth so all you have to do is take out all your servo gears and then turn your car off then back on so your alinement goes straight and set the gears back in place so it doesnt do it anymore

SuperSkylar
06-25-2007, 06:06 AM
well thats the weird thing, i ahve never used this chassis before.

123Vette
06-25-2007, 09:59 AM
what is it and evo car or truck or a gen 1?

Stampedekid
06-25-2007, 10:17 AM
heres what you do, take off the steering rod. next carefully take a screwdriver and push it in one direction. then turn it on so it goes back to the center. next push it the other way. keep trying this until it works. it has never failed me yet.

fordman
06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
i did that also and it works great!

meme405
06-25-2007, 03:21 PM
you guys are sugesting he recenters his servo...? i dont think thats the problem here it sound like he fried his left connection wire to the servo...

SuperSkylar
06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
what it does is when in turn on the mod its fine, but when i turn ont he controller the servo motor just starts going at full speed, do i need to swap servos? i already missed the race and there gors $50 out of ma pocket, but its no biggie, i done have a soddering iron at this house so if thats the case ill have to do it later.

4banger
06-25-2007, 10:26 PM
what it does is when in turn on the mod its fine, but when i turn ont he controller the servo motor just starts going at full speed, do i need to swap servos? i already missed the race and there gors $50 out of ma pocket, but its no biggie, i done have a soddering iron at this house so if thats the case ill have to do it later. dang that sucks:roll:

SuperSkylar
06-26-2007, 01:52 AM
i know, and this was ma race chassis, specialy tuned, im really mad! >: (

texan_idiot25
06-26-2007, 01:58 AM
Check all the wires, make sure their soldered to the bored. If one falls off, one of the POTs wires, it will do that exact thing.

Also, try swaping the wires on the servo motor, when wiring a new EP in my truck I got that wrong, and it did the same thing you say. The servo wants to center itself, but since the motor is wrong, and it goes the wrong way, thinking it correcting.