PDA

View Full Version : FNG

Tackleberry
12-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Hey I am new to the site, Got a 67 mustang with most of the upgrades. Don't have a place to race it, don't know what a FET is yet or how to get a 5 & 6 cell set up from or how to get it in. Friends call me Tackleberry

skylinedriver
12-24-2004, 09:27 AM
first off welcome man. any fairly smooth surface will suffice(inside or outside). FETs are what control the Amps that the motor draws. stock FETs can handle 2.7a, so using any 130 size motor besides stock will most likely draw to much amprage and burn out the FETs. THere are options depending on mechanical ability. (1) Stacked FETs require very good soldering skill and a steady hand. (2) installing a V-2 board(can be purchased from atomicmods.com) not only does this board already have heavy duty quad FETs it is also has a voltage regulator allowing you to run up to 30 volts(not that you'll find a motor to handle that much power). Installation of the board requires some soldering skill and is easier to install with the same results as stacked FETs.
May I suggest a lithium ion battery upgrade. 4 NiMh RS batteries are about 4.8v total where as 2 li-ion cells gives you about 8.4v total. Double the voltage in a lighter package...all running on stock FETs. Li-ion can be purchased from this site(but the store is closed cause of the x-mas rush) or from atomicmods.com. Have fun