PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP...BAD!--XMOD NOT WORKING!!!

CamaroSpeed573
12-22-2004, 06:46 PM
OK, I just put in the metal bearing kit and started it up. So far so good-wheels turn and everything, but then I pull the trigger and it goes, stops, goes, and stops (it keeps doing this & doesn't run smoothly). Right now it's in like a million pieces and have to wait 'till vacation to fix it. Any reasons why it doesn't work?

skylinedriver
12-22-2004, 07:22 PM
were the batteries in the car when u did the swap? Did the antenna touch the positive on the batteries or the positive on the motor? It sounds like u might have fried the inductors on the reciever or like myself, just had a faulty reciever board.

viperdout
12-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Is it like it's going out of range? Make sure that when you test for binding, move the rear wheels at the same time and if you have AWD, do the same on the front. It was probably binding somewhere, and when you re-assemble, it'll be fine. If it's going out of range within 2 feet, then you fried an inductor and need to replace it.

virus01
12-23-2004, 04:30 PM
im having the same problem with my car. if u find a solution let me know

Xmoder284
12-28-2004, 12:59 PM
the drive shaft may not be all the way in the gear to turn the wheels. The gear in there might be moving around so much that it's slipping.

BlackSky909
12-28-2004, 03:42 PM
I think either u fried ur receiver or you have a loose antenna connection somehwere