PDA

View Full Version : is there something wrong with it??

wongy008
12-22-2004, 12:03 PM
hey guys new around here so saying HI from Uk by the way

anyway i bought my Xmod yesterday got batteries for it today and all dont seem right :nodno:

right the car will go forward no problem but if i want to reverse pushing the trigger forward to reverse the car dont move :nodno: after a few pushes later it will reverse but not instantly like i think it should also sometimes it dont go forward instantly too, is this normal and expected of a $50 model or should response be better, if its quick to remedy can some one please tell me how as im thinking of gettin it changed tomorrow as the shop i got it from

urgent reply please guys

5.0saleen
12-22-2004, 02:06 PM
the reason is because the car has an electronic brake on the motor. if the motor its moving and you push forward on the trigger the brake activates. when the car stops and you push foraward again then it should go backwards. sometimes it takes mine a couple times befroe it moves backward.

viperdout
12-22-2004, 04:21 PM
It's called a reverse lockout, and it's there to prevent people from frying the motor. When driving on a track, it's really nice, because when you hold the brake to stop, it doesn't start going backwards.

wongy008
12-22-2004, 08:06 PM
thanks guys i know now hehe so the brake system is quite good by sounds of it :bigwink:

took model back anyway as was not happy with it as sometimes it took at least 5 forward clicks for it to engage reverse, the store changed it without question and im loads happier now
:lol:
one forward click to brake and another to reverse works first time everything unlike my first xmod

now let the modding begin :bigwink: