PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of the changes?

Numbchux
05-23-2007, 06:42 PM
well, obviously we've made a few changes (if you don't know, read the announcement at the top of any page).

What do you guys think? like the "Repair and modification manual"? Nobody's had anything to submit to it....all previously stickied threads in the How-to section will be moved over there, but if it's not there, you guys are more than welcome to add to it.

How about the post count thing? I've modeled it after what we do on Ultimate Subaru so that the post count is a more accurate representation of how much you've actually contributed. and to make post whoring a bit more difficult. we may lower the post requirement for the B/S/T section as a result, but we'll leave it for now, and see how things go.

xmodificationer
05-23-2007, 06:44 PM
the post count thing is good. its good because it stops spamming and as you said how much you can contribute.

DRFTKO
05-23-2007, 06:50 PM
well, obviously we've made a few changes (if you don't know, read the announcement at the top of any page).

What do you guys think? like the "Repair and modification manual"? Nobody's had anything to submit to it....all previously stickied threads in the How-to section will be moved over there, but if it's not there, you guys are more than welcome to add to it.

How about the post count thing? I've modeled it after what we do on Ultimate Subaru so that the post count is a more accurate representation of how much you've actually contributed. and to make post whoring a bit more difficult. we may lower the post requirement for the B/S/T section as a result, but we'll leave it for now, and see how things go.

yes indeed this needs to happen anyway. I think the 200 post requirement may be a bit too harsh. I believe that 100 post count would be the key number in this situation. Just my opinion though

superinfinity
05-23-2007, 06:52 PM
i agree with DRFTKO. I like the changes

xmodificationer
05-23-2007, 06:52 PM
i think it should be 150 just because 100 post isnt that hard to get but 150 is more than 100 but less than 200 so thats just my opinion

Supressor
05-23-2007, 10:33 PM
i know for sure theres a way to make it so you can't post in the bst forum unless u have 50 posts, why not make it so?

lilskipro587
05-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Im not too sure ill run a lil search on that in the mod panel for ya supressor

EDIT:i cant figure out how to do it...mybe chux knows

meme405
05-23-2007, 11:02 PM
how come it doesnt look any different to me...has the system not been implemented...or what the difference the mod post fromchux doesnt explain...

noturday
05-23-2007, 11:12 PM
its not really visual changes meme, its changes to what the sections are andwhats posts count toward post counts, which i think will really help out in the long run. nice work mods!

Numbchux
05-24-2007, 12:21 AM
as mentioned, the changes aren't much...just in what counts towards the count in your profile, and the addition of this section:
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

jimmythekid1
05-26-2007, 09:49 AM
i think the new post count system is good, but would'nt also help to remove all users post counts and thier member status. I'm not say remove the post counts but just don't make them known.

Could this happen and still keep a log so the market place rules are inforced?

BlackSky909
05-26-2007, 11:04 PM
i think the new post count system is good, but would'nt also help to remove all users post counts and thier member status. I'm not say remove the post counts but just don't make them known.

Could this happen and still keep a log so the market place rules are inforced?

Well lose all of our members without a post count, dony worry about it.

jimmythekid1
05-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Well lose all of our members without a post count, dony worry about it.

I suppose your right some folks do strive for infinite Internet imortal status, i did not really think about that. No members no spam jk.

Don't worry I'm not worried

meme405
06-20-2007, 11:51 PM
this thread is a little old but i dont want a whole new thread just for a question...

so are stuff just being added to the new manual thing or are you guys slowly taking stuff from the old how to in to the manual...whats going on for this...im not critisizing the time its taking you in any way, i appreciate what all the mods do for this board...i just want to know how its working out...i would be glad to help for it making it quicker...but that wasnt my question...i just wanted to know how it works...

Numbchux
06-21-2007, 12:47 AM
this thread is a little old but i dont want a whole new thread just for a question...

so are stuff just being added to the new manual thing or are you guys slowly taking stuff from the old how to in to the manual...whats going on for this...im not critisizing the time its taking you in any way, i appreciate what all the mods do for this board...i just want to know how its working out...i would be glad to help for it making it quicker...but that wasnt my question...i just wanted to know how it works...

yep, I've been moving a few tuts into the new repair/modification manual every now and then. but in the meantime, you guys are more than welcome to post new ones to the manual. I'm getting the feeling that people aren't understanding how it works.

the different sections in the manual are entire forums. anyone can create a new thread in the one called "Submit a tip or mod to the repair manual". from there we'll move it into the appropriate section.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/Numbchux/XMS/repairmanual.jpg

meme405
06-21-2007, 01:16 AM
ahhh ok but the good ones from the how to section are being moved into the repair manual right??? thanks for the quick response...