PDA

View Full Version : warning to all on the 08A05 evo chassis line

xmodsnut
05-22-2007, 01:28 AM
This is to everyone out there who has the 08A05 chassis line. I have been having problems with my lancer and my 05 mustang which run this chassis. Recently after driving my mustang, I had to stop for my batteries to charge up, it would no longer go forward while turning the steering. I changed the crystals and tried another remote, no improvement. I check the electronics and they were fine with no burning smell. It has all the RS upgrades but AWD

My lancer on the other hand has a different problem under throttle it has bursts of speed and dies then does it again. I did the same thing to it as the mustang with no improvement either. It has only the spring and bearing upgrades on it.
I have two new chassis on stand by but really don't want to use them to replace the ones on these cars.

SUPERSHELBY
05-22-2007, 01:37 AM
try gettin a new controller, it worked 4 me

xmodsnut
05-22-2007, 01:51 AM
dude I have over thirty xmods controllers so trying every controller will take an hour or two.

hawkskater
05-22-2007, 02:59 PM
my F-150 did the same thing, it wouldnt go forward, but every thing else was fine, my old hummer did the thing where it would get burst of speed then slow down. Your xmod that wont go forward has a fried fet and idk whats wrong with the other one because i brought it back with out looking at it.
Its not the Controler, i used different controllers and crystals and it didnt help,

THE EDJ
05-22-2007, 09:39 PM
the mustang sounds like a fried FET. does reverse work? if it does then thats definately what i would say happened. if reverse doesnt work, you may have fried both sets of FET's.

the evo 8 sounds like fried range, i know there are kits for the gen 1 chasis, but im not sure about the second gen chasis. that would be my best guess for that one.

REDisFASTER
05-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Funny, I've got three 08A05 chassis cars. They run smooth as silk...

Would taking the time to test out all your transmitters kill you? It may take an hour, but at least you know, in the future, you'll have (if you find one) a transmitter thats reliable and works well for all your cars.

xmodsnut
05-23-2007, 01:06 AM
my mustang was one of the first evo ones to come out, it cost 69.99 at the time. I use the same remote for all my xmods pretty much and just change the crystals to match the car I'm driving. the remote and crystals work on my titan so I know it can't be it. the cars will work perfect from time to time then start acting up. I think I'll just go ahead and put my new scion chassis electronics on my stang and get another one for the evo. so if any one wants another scion body just pm me.

taiwanesekid05
05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
i have the same chasis and it refuses to move fowards, but will go backwards. and if i switch the motor's wiress around, it will move fowards, but not backwareds

Sweed
05-23-2007, 09:57 PM
The batteries sound weak. If you have crappy batteries, then it won't be able to turn and go forward... and Turning a moving thing takes some power..

xmodsnut
05-24-2007, 12:15 AM
My stang seems fine now but the lancer still has fits. when under throttle it runs the motor intermitently half second on then half off then back on again. I recharged my energizer NI-MH 850 mah batteries in my energizer 15 minute charger before I started messing with it.

taiwanesekid05
05-25-2007, 01:10 AM
The batteries sound weak. If you have crappy batteries, then it won't be able to turn and go forward... and Turning a moving thing takes some power..

um... is this referring to my post?... i have some duracell 1000 mAh batteries... not sure how well they work.

texan_idiot25
05-25-2007, 01:41 AM
You have a fried FET chinesekid