PDA

View Full Version : bumpy driving and steering problems with my firebird

noturday
05-21-2007, 11:28 PM
as the title states, my firebird has problems, when i got the chassis it was missing a lot of pieces (including a motor) but i think i got all of the parts put back on where they need to go.

i hadnt tested the car out till yesterday after i installed a new AWD kit in it, and when i hit the gas the car ran but it was slow and bumpy like the tires were out of round or something, i tried to solve the problem with bearings but it still does it and even with different wheels and tires it still has the problem. the only thing i can think of that might not be right about it is the motor because i had to make truck stg 1 into a car stg 1 (wires on the truck motor were already cut b4 i got the chassis) but my soldering skills are very limited and it may not be getting a good connection. perhaps it could be something in the board?

also, before i put the bearings in it would turn right but not left, now it will turn left but not right, is there a solution for this problem. maybe recentering the servo?

any help is appreciated, Thanks, Noturday

meme405
05-21-2007, 11:35 PM
hey they let you back...anywayz i dont know you seem to have tried everything i wouldve tried...where did you get the car from, can it be returned or not,doesnt sound like it can...anywayz sry

noturday
05-21-2007, 11:40 PM
i got the chassis in a trade from jizzle, no i cant return it, but im going to try to put a different motor in it that hasnt been tampered with by my awesome soldering skills tmrw and see if that stops the bumps, if it works i'm gonna try to re-center the servo and see if that helps my steering problem. i'll keep you guys posted

(its supposed to be my evo drift car so i kinda need more help with the turning situation. its hard to drift if u can only turn one way.)

xmodsnut
05-22-2007, 01:05 AM
what chassis number is it noturday? the chassis number is the 5 digit one, white with black letters, on the car near the antenna. the ones I am having trouble with are the 08A05 chassis line. It was put on the evolution series lancer, 05 mustang, and the G35. my lancer spits and sputters when under throttle. my 05 mustang can only handle one remote control command at a time sometimes two after repeated dropping on a concrete floor. I just wonder what my G35 will do I don't think I want to know yet. I have tried switching remotes and different crystals, checked them top to bottom for any irregularities. and all I have come up with is nothing. if that is your chassis number you might as well pitch it in the trash or keep it for parts that seems to be all they are good for

noturday
05-22-2007, 10:40 AM
no that chassis # is 07A05, and my camaro's chassis (scion) is 08A06, i looked at my corvette's chassis too (mustang) but it doesnt have a sticker...i prolly took it off and dont remember.

if i remember right someone had a thread about those numbers and we came to the conclusion that that was the production month and year for that car. maybe over time they have worked out some of the bugs?

there is also another number on the black sticker, the Category number. i think that number tells you what body originally came on the chassis though, my vette (mustang) is 60-8018 my firebird (lancer i think) is 60-8017 and my camaro (scion) is 60-8021 the scion's number should reasonably be the highest one since it was the newest one in production

i dont know if these numbers actually have to do with anything, or not but thats what i figured out, if anyone can relate them to problems i guess that would help somewhere along the road. maybe i'll go buy me all new scion chassis' idk

xmodsnut
05-22-2007, 11:41 AM
the 60-8001 though 60-8021 is just catolog numbers RS uses to look up the cars. the number on the car chassis is the line in which it was produced at the chinese factory.

noturday
05-22-2007, 12:14 PM
oh ok well doesnt look like any of my cars have the 08A05 number so can anyone else help me. its greatly appreciated

hawkskater
05-22-2007, 03:01 PM
is the front or rear differencal could be locked.

Jizzle
05-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Yea noturday Ithink the rear is locked.

noturday
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
no both differentials are open, i plan on locking the rear though and i never got around to putting the different motor in today, i'll have to check it later

texan_idiot25
05-25-2007, 01:45 AM
screwed up dog bones? fugged up gears?

123Vette
06-03-2007, 09:21 AM
your drive shaft may be bent, or the bearings are to worn.

noturday
06-03-2007, 12:19 PM
brand new drive shaft, brand new bearings the dogbones and gears look ok to me, i ran it yesterday and it still has the steering problem after i cleaned out all the dirt but not as bad and the rear end seems like its wobbling from side to side, i tightened some screws on it that were loose and im hoping it will work better i'll try it later today

jimmythekid1
06-03-2007, 12:44 PM
the side to side wobble indicates somthing is loose or the wheels are bent. make sure the drive train is not walking too.