PDA

View Full Version : Help Motor Trouble

hawkskater
05-20-2007, 02:58 PM
I have a Stage 2 motor hooked up to my F-150 and it wont go forward. I can make the motor go in reverse and i can turn left and right but the motor wont spin forward at all. I tried the motor on my hummer and it worked fine, so it must be a problem with the electrics. Why doesnt the motor spin forward on my F-150 but works fine on my Hummer? I tried different controlers and two different of the things you plug into the xmod to change the frequency, and it didnt help. Please help me.

c1v1c
05-20-2007, 03:00 PM
I guess u probabvly burn ur fets but im not sure.

hawkskater
05-20-2007, 03:01 PM
but why would it be able to go in reverse but not forward?

skylinedriver
05-21-2007, 06:26 AM
each Xmod has 2 FETs, one for forward and one for reverse. Somehow your forward FET fried.

civicblack10
05-21-2007, 02:42 PM
yeah, happened to me. its probably because you use the forward more then the reverse, so its putting more amps through the forward fet which makes it get hotter and hotter then it fries.

hawkskater
05-21-2007, 02:50 PM
But im running a Bone stock xmod, and it was fine when i turned it off, then the next day it had the problems, Is it even possible to fry fets with Radioshack rechargibles and a stage 2? So knowing that do you think i fried my Fets, and if so how hard is it to remove them and get them replaced?

Sweed
05-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Yes, it is... You can end up shorting stuff, static, bad board most likely...

It's becuase it probably was geared to hell, then was put under strain. Run it hot, then binding does stuff...

Check to see if it's fried, blackend, or it looks like there was a flame and smoke on the FET's and anywere on the board. Also change Radio (TX and Crystals), as some can be bad...

hawkskater
05-21-2007, 05:54 PM
It not blackened but there is a little brown on some other parts of the board. Im afraid now of driving my xmod because im afraid it will break. I tried different crystals and it didnt have any effect. Do you think that i fried a fet or the board was just bad. If the board was bad, it will be my second ford xmod to have a bad board. My mustang fried its fet the first time i turned it on, and now my ford f-150 has a bad board. Is it the fets or a bad board?

Sweed
05-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure, have only used a xmod bored once in a year...
Can you get a good, high qualtiy picture of the board, bottom and top?

hawkskater
05-21-2007, 07:36 PM
here is some pics:

vietazndude
05-21-2007, 07:39 PM
yeah you burned the eletronics, i had the same yellow marks on my titan.

hawkskater
05-21-2007, 08:16 PM
the fets or the board or both?

mustanglover
05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
if it turns goes in reverse and light kit works it should just be the forward fet.

RedSXmodder
05-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Might as well be the whole board, unless you know how to install FETs, lol.

Later,
RedSXmodder

hawkskater
05-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks everyone, is it normal for a fet to fry with a stock Xmod? or was it just bad luck?

jollyboss
05-22-2007, 03:50 PM
if you ran it with stock bushing for a long it's possible,I think,and this is the cause IMO:stock plastic bushing are subjected to wear down and in some points there could be more friction or small bindings on the mechanics,because of this the motor push more to move the car,and of course drain more amps...
dunno if it's correct...or maybe you've just got an unlucky chassis... :nodno: