PDA

View Full Version : A few newbie questions

JTMartin
12-18-2004, 11:13 AM
I searched but came up with nothing exact.

1. Any body will fit on any xmod chassis, correct? In other words, all xmods are the same out of the box except for the body?

2. Where is the cheapest place to find different bodies? I see that ebay has some decently priced ones.

3. Has anyone used the TAMIYA dyno? If so, what is the top speed that it will measure. I keep finding contradicting information.

4. Are any other dyno's good?

Thank you! -JT

skylinedriver
12-18-2004, 12:10 PM
1.no, there are 2 body types, medium and long

2.no exact answer, ebay is a good start, but watch that you don't end up paying more than the item is worth being that it is an auction.

3. I don't know either, but if your testing xmods the dyno won't be going much above 65 km./40 mph.(on a highly tuned car)also keep in mind that the speed that the dyno reads is with no load on the motor. when the car is on the ground the friction between the tires and the ground causes a "parasitic load" and will rob some speed

JTMartin
12-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Thank you for the response. BTW, my xmod is the black skyline. I assume that it's the long wheel base, and that the supra body is as well? As far as the dyno I figured that it wasn't realistic numbers, but I want something to tell me when I've created a speed gain or a speed loss with the mods I'm gonna do.

livestrong350z
12-18-2004, 01:32 PM
hey JT welcome to XMS

i have an answer to #2

some local RS's have xmod bodies for sale
but youll have to check in advance just to b sure

skylinedriver
12-18-2004, 05:35 PM
good call... I"m so caught up in the aftermarket parts that I totally fogot about RS for stock parts.

JTMartin
12-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Good deal. I didn't see any extra bodies at the radio shack I was in but I'll have to check again. I bought the Tamiya dyno off ebay today. I'll let you guys know how well it works when I get to try it out.

skylinedriver
12-18-2004, 06:51 PM
any stock parts including bodies have to be special ordered. Go in and just ask.