PDA

View Full Version : fet stacking

hawkskater
05-10-2007, 03:56 PM
how do i take fets off? I also want to know if i can stack stock fets ontop of stock fets. I have a broken F-150 and i want to know if i can take the stock fets off it and put them ontop of the stock fets on my titan, is that possible or even worth it, will it work? tell me

chase4494
05-10-2007, 04:46 PM
yea i also want to know this one

TheB1GDude
05-10-2007, 05:32 PM
I believe that providing you remember which FET is which you could take the ones of your F-150 and put them onto the corresponding FETs on the Titan.

However if it is the FETs on the F-150 that are burnt out then dont waste your time!!

You can also buy additional / replacement FETs from various sites, ebay / atomicmods.com etc.

Its also worth remember that FETs are tiny so you have to have kick *** solder skills and a steady hand if you want to work with them! Or you can be lazy like me and send them to atomicmods.com to have them do the work for you.

BART
05-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I agree completely.

chase4494
05-10-2007, 07:44 PM
so you can stack stock fets ? just maken shure compleatly befor i do it.

BART
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
sure...and this would effectively double the current capacity of the stock fet setup.

chase4494
05-10-2007, 08:16 PM
ok SWEET

mini-z_drifter
05-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Stacking stock FET's won't do anything I dont think.

TheB1GDude
05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Stacking stock FET's won't do anything I dont think.

My understanding of stacking FETs is the same as what ZX9RBART posted above and even though the ones we are talking are stock they still have a purpose - that purpose being to regulate the current going through the board so stacking even the stock ones should let you run a higher current through the board.

mustanglover
05-10-2007, 09:16 PM
i suck at stacking fets! i dont have the "touch" for it.

XMDrifter
05-10-2007, 09:37 PM
im guessing that a 2*2 stock stack is equivalent to a 1*2 fet upgrade?
is it close?

BART
05-10-2007, 09:42 PM
My understanding of stacking FETs is the same as what ZX9RBART posted above and even though the ones we are talking are stock they still have a purpose - that purpose being to regulate the current going through the board so stacking even the stock ones should let you run a higher current through the board.

:thumleft:

TheB1GDude
05-10-2007, 09:55 PM
:thumleft:

:p ZX9RBART is the man when it comes to electronics!!! That why he gets to moderate that part of the board!!

I just copy what he says to make myself seem smarter than I actually am!! ;)

hawkskater
05-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks, i suck at soldering, i just got my first soldering kit a month ago and it was a really cheap low powered one, so ill leave stacking FETS to the pros at atomicmods.com thanks for the help.

P.S. I fixed my F-150 today!!!!

mini-z_drifter
05-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi, I dont mean to jack the thread or anything but would the stock FET's stacked 2x2 on an evo handle the Z2 motor from Atomicmods?

jollyboss
05-12-2007, 06:04 PM
on atomicmods.com there's a very well done fet stacking tut,but it's very difficult if you're not soldering skilled(I've tried and ruined my EVO board...****!)

Darkmagik
05-16-2007, 06:01 PM
lo987ujkim you have to stop posting more than once at a time you are really starting to **** me of and you are now one of the proud new members of Darkmagik's Hitlist. Dude use the edit button its there for a dam reason.

Not very happy Jon

DRFTKO
05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
lo987ujkim you have to stop posting more than once at a time you are really starting to **** me of and you are now one of the proud new members of Darkmagik's Hitlist. Dude use the edit button its there for a dam reason.

Not very happy Jon

well if you stop and notice, you will see that "lo987ujkim" is now banned...I wonder why? Anyway, please leave the moderating to the moderators. Thanks

civicblack10
05-16-2007, 08:57 PM
alright probably a stupid noob question but does anyone think stacking the resistors would increase the range? just a thought

Iche-1
05-16-2007, 10:33 PM
so you can stack stock fets ? just maken shure compleatly befor i do it.

yes ive done it and it works really well. i found it much easier to just stack the stock fets because taking the old 1s off to replace them with the upgraded fets is a pain in the ***.

Hi, I dont mean to jack the thread or anything but would the stock FET's stacked 2x2 on an evo handle the Z2 motor from Atomicmods?

i stacked my brothers fets and they handle the PNRacing Anima and PNRacing Saber with no problems. i believe the anima is ran on upgraded fets and the saber is on the stacked stock fets

Not very happy Jon

you have made my list of forum jackasses......your post has **** to do with fets. stfu noob.