PDA

View Full Version : Question..

bc_edition
05-02-2007, 08:18 PM
hey,
pretty soon I will be getting my first car and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a new engine for an 89 camaro...
Anyone know how good this car would be?
Im thinking of buying it, but I dont know too much about them..
The guy selling it works for my dad, so he said he would sell it for around 5 grand canadian..
the interior and body are in excellent condition but it will need a new engine and maybe a new transmission.
Any websites and feedback would be appreciated:)

jimmythekid1
05-02-2007, 08:33 PM
1. Which engine does it have?
2. 5 grand Canadian is way to much for a old *** car that needs an engine.
3. A Camaro is not a good first car, rear wheel drive and its old so its bound to have problems.

Thats my professional opition

master technician

Luk3
05-02-2007, 10:28 PM
hmm theres about 3 people round my town that has that,started out with it as a beginner car...seems to do good for them..my only help for you my brother is ebay

mini-z drift
05-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Ebay or a lot of phone calls!!!

jimmythekid1
05-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Ok if you are still seriuos about doing this I think ebay is a bad idea. You should try to find one local so if you have any problems with it you are not stuck with a bad engine or tranny. I would try a slevage yard most powertrain components come with a warranty. But thier are also rebuilders like Jasper and Ac delco but that will be pricy.

But still I say this is a very very very bad idea and I recomend staying away from that car, for 5 grad you should beable to get something about 15 years newer take will be much more reliable and runs.

Don't listen to these kids they don't really know what they are taking about. I do, I work on cars every day.

bc_edition
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
yeh, I dont think im going to bother getting it. It was just and idea, but I like the newer cars anyways.... I'm still not sure as to what car I'm going to get.
I like vw golfs but ive heard that their transmissions are garbage... so im not sure. Maybe a '03 mustang or so.., depending on how much I make working this year...

superinfinity
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Nissan Versa, a roomy, compact, cheap car with great mileage. Plus it's a Nissan:p
Got an 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine 122 hp @ 5,200 rpm 127 lb-ft of torque @ 4,800 rpm w/ an 4-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual transmission. 17.8 cu ft. w/ the rear seats up and 50.4 cu ft. w/ the rear seats down doesn't sound bad either. It guzzles only 30/34 MPG w/ the manual and 28/35 MPG w/ the automatic. Starting at only $12,550. I like it:D