PDA

View Full Version : Adding Weight And Increasing Durability

Solomon Cloud
12-11-2004, 11:50 PM
I know this is probolly a weird question and mostly opposite of what most people are trying to do.

I'm in need to add weight to my car, and increase it's durability, this is mostly to lower the chance of rollover of a T-bone collision and so my stuff don't get messed up inside.

The main reason my car runs these risks of crashes is the races of which some of us nuts do, We love Figure-8 Jump Races, and oval suicide races, so usually by the end of the day our cars are messed up but we really don't care. The main challenge of this is keeping our cars steady and tough, still retaining power to smash competitors.

It's a weird question but hey we are a weird group of Xmodders and love destruction. And well I used to participate is Demo Derby's quite a few times.

By the way this is my XMod if it matters to this question.
1965 Mustang, Stage 2 Roadrace Motor, Suspension Upgrades, Soft tread tires, No body kit, blahblah.

If you can help me out thanks in advance.

cols102
12-12-2004, 11:14 AM
If you really need weight just go to the hardware store and buy those weights they sell for pinecar derby cars... That would probably work the best but it would really lower the performance of your car. Also a 6 cell would weight down your car a little more.

viperdout
12-12-2004, 04:44 PM
I would suggest just driving it in stock form, and as stuff breaks, replace it with stronger parts.