PDA

View Full Version : Stretched Off-Road aka Ghetto Swampers

Sweed
04-26-2007, 10:17 AM
I want swampers, but I would prefer .cooldragons... I don't have $25 to fork over, but I do have the tires and wheels from the Lift Kit, and the slammed rims. What do I do?

You just need to cut the side wall of the Lift-Kit Tires. To do this, you turn it inside, get some side cut snippers, and slowly, and continuasly, trim the sidewall (the part that over hangs with the "Goodyear" Logo) flush with the tire. You might want a slight angle.

After wards, they stretch onto the Slammed tire upgrade rims. Easy to do, takes mayeb 5minutes per tire.

It's easier to do if you drive on asphalt with the tires on the regular rims for a battery pack. Makes them softer. You can also run them under hot water for a while, just to make them more flexable.

Regular Off-Road: 3.2cm
Mod. Off-Road: 3.55cm
Stock Titan: 3.05cm
Increase over Regular: 111% in size.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b290/sxysweed/sdsdsd.jpg

Better pictures later...

Nissanshift350
04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
i cant post a link (cause of my cellphone of course) but if u check out my thread "i need help with my hummer" you will see my hummers tires... i went to walmart and got a 5 dollar friction toy truck and took the rubbers off it and glued them onto stock truck rims and tires and they are 1.75 inches tall and were very cheap. and u will see i did almost the same thing to my F-150 on the left and the one on the right has the slammed rims with supper swampers from xmodsinternational and they r so worth it. imo check out my hummer thread and check out all my tires

thanks NS350

chrisk
04-26-2007, 03:25 PM
thats pretty rad, good idea!

#1_05mustang
04-26-2007, 04:25 PM
man i was just about to make a tut for this but you beat me to it.:D

Sweed
04-26-2007, 05:35 PM
man i was just about to make a tut for this but you beat me to it.:D

Don't try writing one either, it's on most xmod forums...

TactiKal
04-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I did this one last night for my titan. Nice write up! I used an exacto knife, but you have to watch out for your fingers doing it my way! :)

noturday
04-26-2007, 09:52 PM
i made me some o those a long time ago and i used an X-acto knife.

i like em but i need some swampers, they arent quite big enough for my hummer

FreakinMexiRican
04-26-2007, 09:58 PM
it's so weird that you did this. i was going to look for a tut to do it. i had a pretty good idea and THAT'S exactly what i was thinking. i'm just glad it was the right way! lol