PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Honda Accord V6 Sedan 6 Speed

streetridaz27
04-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Here is my baby. Love this car. Looks of a luxary sedan.....Performance of a sports car! lol Ran the quarter in 14.3 and 0-60 in 5.9 Not bad for a Stock 3.0L V6, I love the feel of the Close Ratio 6 Speed Tranny. Run gears quick and get right to the point. lol Very Smooth and punchy.

Before the Tint Job
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/streetridaz27/ACCORD1.jpg
After the Tint Job
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/streetridaz27/DSCF0774cccc2.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/streetridaz27/ACCORD2.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/streetridaz27/ACCORD3.jpg

camaroxmod
04-22-2007, 05:12 PM
wow nice accord

skyline-rsx392
04-22-2007, 07:10 PM
nice, i have the same one, just ask for pics

mini-z drift
04-22-2007, 07:12 PM
nice...how much ponies?

streetridaz27
04-22-2007, 07:23 PM
nice, i have the same one, just ask for pics

You got the same car? 6mt? It's 254Hp 223lbft torque

noturday
04-22-2007, 10:20 PM
very nice, i like the fact that its V6 and manual.

my dad's got an 03 v6 auto, and i know its got some power,
have u topped it out yet? i hit 140 in my dad's but i think it could go faster, i had to slow down cuz a car pulled out in front of me to pass a car in front of him...idk it was fast as he11 for a stock honda tho, and it sounds like urs is faster, have fun with it

streetridaz27
04-22-2007, 10:31 PM
The speed regulator cuts the throttle at exactly 138mph. Your dads should be the exact same.

noturday
04-22-2007, 11:19 PM
well i deffinately hit 140 on the speedo, that was my goal and i had to get on the brakes pretty hard so i didnt hit the guy in front of me doin 70

streetridaz27
04-22-2007, 11:45 PM
The six speed is nice. I start really eatting up auto v6's after around 75mph. Once high end 3rd and 4th gear engage. Love this car. The 4 door has some ups. lol I've gotten my car up to 138mph. The speed limited kicked in at that point. I love the looks I get from dudes in gt mustages when they can't shake the 4 door accord right next to them. lol

sweetvette
04-22-2007, 11:55 PM
give it the full AEM treatment!

streetridaz27
04-23-2007, 08:53 AM
I modified the hell out of my old car. 98 Accord I4, CAI, Header, CBE, straight cat, High volume fuel rail, New Cam, Pullies, Ran about the same as my car now. lol without all the noise! Warrenty whisles at the dealerships were a pain in the ***. I was always getting pulled over for exhaust being to loud, which was really my engine cracklin. lol Slammed to the ground and would have to hella watch the road. I'm done with the whole mod thing. I'm 27 years old. I will just buy better faster cars now. lol not buy the 4 banger and put in money to make it keep up. I loved that stage in my life. The underground drags at night.... Ah glad I'm not in jail. lol I going to do the grown man thing now. lol I'll keep my modifing for the rc cars. ;-) and my pocket bike. This accord is perfect. Sleak, Luxarious and will hang with 300hp rides all day. like sti, evo, gt mustages and 350z I can't get any of them from a dig but on the freeway from 50-100+ I'm either inching on them or right there with um, until they shut it down. lol it's the perfect sleeper.

sweetvette
04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
you sound like a man with plan! I would still get some different rims....lol

streetridaz27
04-23-2007, 06:47 PM
lol Those are exclusive rims. You can only get those with the 6 speed. I like um. I don't believe in the chromed out rims. Maybe some lighter rims. But then you got to get a camber, Tires, worry about uneven wear, blah, blah, blah. lol

Like Jay Z said. "i'm Young enough to know what car to buy, yet grown enough not to put rims on it.
30's the new 20 and I'm SO HOT STILL!" lol

Sweed
04-23-2007, 07:13 PM

And still good gas milage...

REDisFASTER
04-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Nice car! I love the fact that its a stick! You American guys are so awesome... Canadians are too lazy and always opt for an auto... It really bugs the performance guys when we're looking for a nice 240SX or something, perfect body, very minimal rust, low KM's, but AUTO...

streetridaz27
04-23-2007, 08:31 PM
You American guys are so awesome...

I think I speak for all us American guys when I say this.......

We know. But someone's got to be! Might as well be us! lol

Yeah i'm still averaging 28mpg when I'm racing a lot. When really trying to get good gas mileage......I get around 31mph. Not bad.

FreakinMexiRican
04-23-2007, 08:37 PM
I think I speak for all us American guys when I say this.......

We know. But someone's got to be! Might as well be us! lol

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF. totally agree.......

streetridaz27
04-23-2007, 08:45 PM
I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF. totally agree.......

Who really can? You know. I mean I think I nailed it for pretty much all of us! Can you all agree?. lmao :bigwink:

jimmythekid1
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
And still good gas milage...

but not as good as the new Chevy Impala SS

opps I was wrong i was thinking accord with auto.

but hey they are all nice cars

BigOlTexan
04-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Here is my baby. Love this car. Looks of a luxary sedan.....Performance of a sports car! lol Ran the quarter in 14.3 and 0-60 in 5.9 Not bad for a Stock 3.0L V6, I love the feel of the Close Ratio 6 Speed Tranny. Run gears quick and get right to the point. lol Very Smooth and punchy.

Bah!!! I drive a pick-up truck that would spank the hell out of your Ho Humda, VTEC or not. But it does sound nice and powerful if you like imports with good MPG lol.

streetridaz27
04-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Pick up truck, please. The fact that you brought up "vtec" means you don't have a clue. Even your mustang has vtec there dippy! unless its older then 98. love to race your mustang! Show you what a real v6 can do next to yours and if it's a v8, 260hp or 300hp. Thats just a difference of my honda either pulling on you and riden right next to yeah. v8 260hp "no problem" newer v8 300hp "Hope you can drive son, it's gonna be close"!

BigOlTexan
04-23-2007, 11:57 PM
First off my XMOD is a Mustang but thanks, and i drive an 05 Chevy Siverado single cab short bed with an LS6 motor son. 1/4 mile in 12.3 just this past Saturday. Sorry bad *** or not it's still just another car. So feel free to come on to Texas if you really think your lil V6 can take an LS6.

sweetvette
04-24-2007, 12:36 AM
stop yo versus talk right now! lol
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7663
but seriously, like 7 threads have been closed about some guy who likes chevy and some guy likes honda blahblahblahblah.......

BigOlTexan
04-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Sweetvette you know I have the utmost respect for you so don't take this as offensive, but our "argument" if thats what you want to call it, is not about a better brand type or anything, merely over which between ours is better, as a matter of fact I've even stated that his car does sound bad ***. Furthermore, as of right now it is purely a statement of fact, not which is better. Well i may have said that my truck could spank his car.....but other than that....lol. :salut:

jabari
04-24-2007, 01:22 AM
I like it. Very niceeee.

Numbchux
04-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Sweetvette you know I have the utmost respect for you so don't take this as offensive, but our "argument" if thats what you want to call it, is not about a better brand type or anything, merely over which between ours is better, as a matter of fact I've even stated that his car does sound bad ***. Furthermore, as of right now it is purely a statement of fact, not which is better. Well i may have said that my truck could spank his car.....but other than that....lol. :salut:

That's fine, but keep it civil. We've had a history of totally innocent getting WAY out hand because of a few people. And as a result, we've opted a no tolerance policy. it's just soooo much easier for us to stop it before it becomes a problem.

Saying that your engine swapped truck would definitely spank his accord is just the kind of talk that frequently gets out of hand. There's just nothing good that can come of it. True or not.

Thanks.

BigOlTexan
04-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Alrighty I apologize if i offended anyone.

superinfinity
04-24-2007, 09:00 AM
I didn't know that my little xmods have Vtec? lol

streetridaz27
04-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm good. I just thought it was childish to come in and talk ish in my post. I wouldn't go into some other dude post and talk ish about his engine swapped trunk. Apples and oranges. He started the ish talk. To much of that on the internet. Would always be different if we were face to face. There wouldn't be such smart mouths. It's all gravy!

Archon_Ramie
04-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Very nice car. Did they just start making Accords with manual transmissions? When I was car shopping, the Accord was one of the ones I was looking at, but I couldn't find a stick ANYWHERE around.

And yeah, everyone gets variable valve timing nowadays. Except for me... :(

streetridaz27
04-25-2007, 08:48 AM
And yeah, everyone gets variable valve timing nowadays. Except for me... :(

Yeah not many cars don't have it now a days. Even before in the late 90's when people heard you say vtec it was like you had a quad turbo set up. It's really not that big of a deal. lol Anywa Yeah they have been making the v6 with a 6 Speed manual since 2003. They are really rare though. Special order on the most part. Not many people know about them. The Dealer told me that they only make 200 a year for the united states. I got 1! lol Awsome car for 27k out the door.

Archon_Ramie
04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah not many cars don't have it now a days. Even before in the late 90's when people heard you say vtec it was like you had a quad turbo set up. It's really not that big of a deal.

I dunno, in some cars it seems to make a big deal. Like my friends S2000. All nice and civil until he stomped the gas and made the Vtec kick in. Then it sounded like a monster roaring.

Stupid S2000. (*jealous cry!)

streetridaz27
04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I dunno, in some cars it seems to make a big deal. Like my friends S2000. All nice and civil until he stomped the gas and made the Vtec kick in. Then it sounded like a monster roaring.

Stupid S2000. (*jealous cry!)

Yeah the s2000 is it a 240hp feather. lol Power to weight ratio in those is insane. those dohc's sounds nice when tec kicks in. lol I would have one if I wasn't 6'-6" tall. There is no way that I could drive my commute in that tuna cans. (pretty tuna can though!) Thats why I like the accord. i've got all the head room I need and when I need alittle something....The car's got tons of power. I've raced a s2000 from a 70mph roll and he got me by a 1/2 a car length by 105mph. I love that you can't even hear my car rev up, until it hits 4k, then the sound drops and gets nasty throaty. lol Varible valve timing is awsome, no doubt, but still isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Most people didn't even hear about vtec till 1997-2000. I had a 94 accord with vtec. Once they started putting it in all honda and acura cars is when people over exaggerated it for massive power. It really doesn't do much other then keep your gas milage low in the low and mid range of your power band. Look at like the acura integra gs, That car didn't have vtec and was faster then most of the vtecs of its time. it just had more low end torque. but some people still act like the ones that have it think they have a fat turbo or something.

texan_idiot25
04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Theyve come along way it seems. I remember just last year being able to kill these in the Jimmy. OH man the ol' accords were fun to mess with.

Just remember though, its not about HP all the time, its the torque that'll kill ya.

streetridaz27
04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
i agree although, the i4 accords were nice in the power department. The sad thing was the old 6th gen accord v6 has a 200hp v6 that was crap. It funny the supercharged 6th gen accords are pulling alittle less then what my car does stock. the engines had been far improved. It's the close ratio 6 speed that makes the v6 shine.

texan_idiot25
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
The I4 ones, and a few of these body styled ones (dunno what years) where what the GMC beat. Mainly just stupid rice teens tail gating, then going for the pass in the opposite lane. Basically, from about 30-50 they got to the back doors, then from that, till the speed limiter once at 96 they couldnt keep up. This is all back roads and such around here, my step dad knows them on the back of his hand, so when ricers try to tear through, they drive like *****. He knows where to start messin with them, haha.

But I can imagine them now with a 6speed being able to stay in their power band enough to make use of their V6 now.

98 Jimmy-180hp/245ft lb tq-4 speed auto

streetridaz27
04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Oh yeah I know those guys lol. Those are the dudes I prey for on my commute. I was with the whole underground racing scene when it really was underground. lol "Pre Fast and Furious." That stupid movie ruinned it for everyone. Now you get the dorks that will do the ricer fly by on you and then ride your butt. Like there going to do anything. lol Thats when I let them get a 2 car lead and I drop 3rd. Watch there faces when there thinking **** all these upgrades and He's running away from me. lol I did that whole scene. NOw I just going to buy um faster and nicer as I get older. lol A stock accord inline 4, 6th gen was 150hp and 143lb torque at the motor. My current 6mt accord is pushing 208hp and 195lbft at the wheels! and it's all flowing through the magic close ratio 6. which really gives her the umph. lol Running gears quickly.

texan_idiot25
04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Tell that to the accord, :lol: Them and civics, heck, even my moms Saturn L200 gave a few of them a run for their money, and that car is crap.

Its the magic of engine braking for us. They tailgate, pop it into 3rd and let off the gas, it slooooows with no bake lights. The moment they go for the other lane, snap it back into drive, and let the Vortec V6 pull the rest. Too many underestimate the ol' s-series. If you race the 4cyl their easy to kill, but the Vortec V6 is a strong motor. 4.3L of chevy 350 designed madness, lol.

Lol, your taste for cars gets better with age eh? What did you have before

streetridaz27
04-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Tell that to the accord, :lol: Them and civics, heck, even my moms Saturn L200 gave a few of them a run for their money, and that car is crap.

Its the magic of engine braking for us. They tailgate, pop it into 3rd and let off the gas, it slooooows with no bake lights. The moment they go for the other lane, snap it back into drive, and let the Vortec V6 pull the rest. Too many underestimate the ol' s-series. If you race the 4cyl their easy to kill, but the Vortec V6 is a strong motor. 4.3L of chevy 350 designed madness, lol.

Lol, your taste for cars gets better with age eh? What did you have before

A sleeper 98 accord i4, Cold air intake, Race headers, Apexi vtec controller, High volume fuel rail. Straight flow racing cat, Apex Exhaust, new cam and pullies, 10mm spark plug wires, a short shifter slammed to the ground with skunk 2 coilovers and tykiko gas shocks. lol All beef and no looks. Totally stock but loud.......lol very loud. When I opened that thing up, you knew it. lol Those i4 accords love mods. Stock they suck, no doubt but that motor loves mods.

skyline-rsx392
04-26-2007, 02:30 PM

yea i do, its pretty cool. not trying to jack ur thread but here it is:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/skyline392/Picture147.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/skyline392/Picture146.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/skyline392/Picture144.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/skyline392/Picture142.jpg

and the K&N filter i installed that adds more mpg's and like 1-2 more ponies

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/skyline392/Picture148.jpg

streetridaz27
04-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Oh weak. thats an auto. I'd get you buy 2 or 3 car lengths in a quarter. lol Kinda neat to see an auto though. My 6mt has carbon fiber accents. Like the cubby door, all around the shifter and the doors arm rests and stuff are all carbon fiber. Nice car though. Looks familar lol. I'm getting my ride tinted tomarrow. I can't wait. Yeah I put the k&n in my car too. i got a speady 2mpg increase.

skyline-rsx392
04-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh weak. thats an auto. I'd get you buy 2 or 3 car lengths in a quarter. lol Kinda neat to see an auto though. My 6mt has carbon fiber accents. Like the cubby door, all around the shifter and the doors arm rests and stuff are all carbon fiber. Nice car though. Looks familar lol. I'm getting my ride tinted tomarrow. I can't wait. Yeah I put the k&n in my car too. i got a speady 2mpg increase.

yea u probably would. never taken it over 90 plus its not mine its my stepdads but i drive it alot too. if it were up to me i woulda gotten the one u have

jimmythekid1
04-27-2007, 06:05 AM

A properly built and driven auto can pull just as hard if not better at the drag strip.

Numbchux
04-27-2007, 09:38 AM
A properly built and driven auto can pull just as hard if not better at the drag strip.

yea, but not stock for stock.

streetridaz27
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
yea, but not stock for stock.

and not if you can drive. To many people think they can drive stick. There is alot more to driving stick then just pushing in the clutch moving the stick and releasing. It's all about timing and technic. People never understand that until they drive with someone who really knows how to drive a manual. I didn't until I started driving with la mans drivers at infinion raceway when I was 17. **** did I learn alot.

SuperFastSupra
04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
lol I wanna see some timeslips from yall

streetridaz27
04-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh wow! Another insecure stanger! Why is it stangers just cant handle that an accord can keep up with them now. Don't get all defensive and stricken. Don't come into my thread with defensive talk like me wanting to show others my car that i'm personal attacking you. No one is saying that your stang is weak. Jesus! No one is saying that HONDA'S Rule the world. Just showing others my car. The world already respects stangs. They already know what a stang can do and how it performs. Thats why it's easy to explain that I can keep up with a gt! Chill. Lets not get into the who's car is better crap.

FreakinMexiRican
04-27-2007, 10:32 PM
it's cute how everyone says "my car is faster". when you can take my 484 overbored, supercharged, blown v-8 '71 dodge charger, then i might just give someone some props. 2 people since i've driven that car 4 years have taken me. and those were pro street vehicles. my car is street legal. AND i'm running with street legal slicks pushing 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. WITH 93 octane...heh:nod: :lol:

btw...i think this thread got hijacked...

SuperFastSupra
04-27-2007, 10:48 PM
all im trying to say is i wanna see some time slips from the track...=) maby i should start a thread for time slips..... and as for the dodge not even gonna go there

streetridaz27
04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
pretty much. lol Charger sounds sick though. My **** brothers, brother in law has a nova ss, with a vet engine in it. supercharged with all kinds of goodies. That thing just straight up scares me. lol but in a good way. The sound of it just makes me gitty. He always runs it with just straight headers and no exhaust. I keep telling him he's gonna get yanked for it being so loud. He never seems to care. I went out to the local street spot with him one day and he let me drive it. Jesus! Thats all I can say!

noturday
04-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Nove SS huh? my auto tech teacher has one that he just sold to his brother that had over 800 hp naturally aspirated (no turbo/super/nitrous) i saw it run (new engine) and it was in a 10.20 sec class and it ran a 9.62 and my teacher said that was probably trying to sandbag (it was during qualifying)pretty fast if you ask me, i wanna see it run all out, balls to the wall, i think it would prolly run a 7.5-8 sec 1/4 mile, and thats the new engine that has less hp than the old one so i can only imagine...6.5-7 sec range maybe?

Numbchux
04-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Oh wow! Another insecure stanger! Why is it stangers just cant handle that an accord can keep up with them now. Don't get all defensive and stricken. Don't come into my thread with defensive talk like me wanting to show others my car that i'm personal attacking you. No one is saying that your stang is weak. Jesus! No one is saying that HONDA'S Rule the world. Just showing others my car. The world already respects stangs. They already know what a stang can do and how it performs. Thats why it's easy to explain that I can keep up with a gt! Chill. Lets not get into the who's car is better crap.

YOU need to relax.

last warning. next time someone brings up their own car, it will get deleted.

streetridaz27
04-28-2007, 02:31 PM
I put up a new picture of my ride. Just got it tinted yesterday. What a difference that made. Check it out. I got the before and after shots. She just got a bath this morning too. Looking clean!

SuperFastSupra
05-07-2007, 05:24 PM
i like the tint

TJF
05-07-2007, 06:24 PM
i think its a good looking car thats reliable, but in my neighborhood every 3 out of 5 cars is an accord, im not joking either EVERYONE has one, in fact my old neighbor had 2 accords and their daughter had a civic

sweetvette
05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
psh... I'll own all you guys in my motero!
ahaha, jk, that thing whines when we have more than three people in it.
nice accord streetridaz. I'm diggin the tint. you should disable the speed limiter some how, then go scare more ricers on the freeway

xmodificationer
05-07-2007, 07:17 PM
thats a nice accord i think the tint was a good choice lol

streetridaz27
05-17-2007, 11:05 AM
psh... I'll own all you guys in my motero!
ahaha, jk, that thing whines when we have more than three people in it.
nice accord streetridaz. I'm diggin the tint. you should disable the speed limiter some how, then go scare more ricers on the freeway

I feel like im in a whole other level. now. lol any Common, notice I say common. lol 4 banger ricer with common bolt ons will get torn up like nothing. Now i'm not talking custom turbo ricers. This accord is in the 350z, evo 8, sti class now. Sport car yet not a sports car. lol. 135mph is plenty top speed on freeway. Anything over 100mph in cali and your going to jail. lol So i'm cool. I usually shut it down after 115mph. By that time either you've won, lost or your just not going to gain anything on them anymore. The accords are very common, everyone does have them. Thats why I like the 6 speed manual. Not maybe people no about them and they only produce 200 a year for the united states. They are pretty rare. Like the Integra type R. You only see one or 2 in any giving city. Thanks for the compliments.