PDA

View Full Version : how to build a cell???

stevepow
12-10-2004, 02:50 PM
i wanted to make my own cell compartment i wanted to know if anybody knew excactly what i had to get. i know how to solder and i have all the equiptment i can buy the battery compartment from radioshack i need to know what wires i need to buy and how to set everything up. I dont want to spend $30.00 for something that i can make my self if i am pateint. can someone help me out????

viperdout
12-10-2004, 07:37 PM
i wanted to make my own cell compartment i wanted to know if anybody knew excactly what i had to get. i know how to solder and i have all the equiptment i can buy the battery compartment from radioshack i need to know what wires i need to buy and how to set everything up. I dont want to spend $30.00 for something that i can make my self if i am pateint. can someone help me out????

IT IS NOT BUILDING A CELL. YOU ADD A 2 AAA HOLDER IN SERIES TO THE XMOD FOR A TOTAL OF 6 BATTERIES. BUY A HOLDER FROM RS FOR 2 BUCKS, AND SOLDER IT IN CORRECTLY.

stevepow
12-10-2004, 07:57 PM
yea thats not the problem but what i need to know is what wire to get i keep seeing all the diffrent wires on all of them with clips and stuff so i just wanted to know what to get so that i can make it myself

nobel12
12-10-2004, 08:39 PM
It is simple. Buy your battery holder from radioshack.Instead of soldering if you dont want to, you can buy insulated telephone butt connectors cat# 64-3073.
Now if you just look at the wires on your car there is one black wire that connects one battery holder to the other battery hold on the other side.
This is the wire you will cut in the middle so half is going to each side of the cars battery holders. ( if you find the wire that goes to any circuit board or motor then you have the wrong wire DO NOT CUT IT ) look for the one I've described to you.
When you put your batteries in an xmod or anything really the battery holders really connect the batteries in a row. If you took your batteries and laid them down on a table and then put them in a row (like a train set) you should have them all facing forward, one flat end touching the next batteries end with the little bump. Or negative (-) to positive (+).
Really your going to do the same thing with the battery holder you just bought. Pick one wire you just cut and follow it back to its battery holder, now look at which end of the battery it would touch, remember the train and find the right wire on your new holder that will do the same thing ( the wire to the opposite side ) I hope I havent lost you.
Use a small set of wire strippers to strip an 1/8th inch of insulation off these two wires. Then carefully slide a wire into one side of the butt connector, making sure the wire slides into the metal sleeve inside the connector. Now use a pair of pliers and sqeeze HALF of the connector with the wire in it. Repeat this step on the other side of the connector with the other wire in it.
Now you should have two wires left. One from your new holder and one from the other battery holder on the car. If they were connected they should make or train. So connect them with another butt connector.
Your connections are done. You spent about four dollars and used up 20 minutes of your life. I spent 25 minutes typing this. I'm so slow!!
I hope I helped.

viperdout
12-10-2004, 09:16 PM
It is simple. Buy your battery holder from radioshack.Instead of soldering if you dont want to, you can buy insulated telephone butt connectors cat# 64-3073.
Now if you just look at the wires on your car there is one black wire that connects one battery holder to the other battery hold on the other side.
This is the wire you will cut in the middle so half is going to each side of the cars battery holders. ( if you find the wire that goes to any circuit board or motor then you have the wrong wire DO NOT CUT IT ) look for the one I've described to you.
When you put your batteries in an xmod or anything really the battery holders really connect the batteries in a row. If you took your batteries and laid them down on a table and then put them in a row (like a train set) you should have them all facing forward, one flat end touching the next batteries end with the little bump. Or negative (-) to positive (+).
Really your going to do the same thing with the battery holder you just bought. Pick one wire you just cut and follow it back to its battery holder, now look at which end of the battery it would touch, remember the train and find the right wire on your new holder that will do the same thing ( the wire to the opposite side ) I hope I havent lost you.
Use a small set of wire strippers to strip an 1/8th inch of insulation off these two wires. Then carefully slide a wire into one side of the butt connector, making sure the wire slides into the metal sleeve inside the connector. Now use a pair of pliers and sqeeze HALF of the connector with the wire in it. Repeat this step on the other side of the connector with the other wire in it.
Now you should have two wires left. One from your new holder and one from the other battery holder on the car. If they were connected they should make or train. So connect them with another butt connector.
Your connections are done. You spent about four dollars and used up 20 minutes of your life. I spent 25 minutes typing this. I'm so slow!!
I hope I helped.

Since you have an iron, simply remove the black wire, and attach the holder's wires directly.

stevepow
12-11-2004, 10:23 AM
thank you very much for the info i will try it out

cols102
12-11-2004, 06:48 PM
lol thats the first time ive ever heard someone talking about MAKING more cells lol... yeah all you have to do is install them i dont know what else to say.