PDA

View Full Version : bondo

mr.bull
12-09-2004, 10:40 PM
can you get that at like a local craft store?????? :-?

edit: umm opps i just relized that this is in the wrong section really sorry :nodno:

lionheart
12-09-2004, 11:15 PM
probobly not try like an auto zone or pepboys or whatever u have like that

cols102
12-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah but I can get it at my local rag shop... its pretty common just look around.

kickniteasy
12-23-2004, 07:52 PM
I got mine pretty cheap at Wal-Mart and it worked out fine. Instead of the tub of mix it yourself stuff get the pre-mixed stuff in a tube since you won't need that much on a xmod :)

aznballa2k4
12-26-2004, 02:31 AM
well i suggest tamiya epoxy putty instead of bondo. it's a lot stronger and there isn't a strong aroma from it. also very easy to work with. gives you time to shape it before it dries so there'll be less sanding.the only flaw is that it takes a while to dry but it's worth it. here is some of my work with the putty which took me about 30 min to clean it up.*note still progress* http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/skirts.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/MVC-003F.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/aznballa2k3/MVC-004F.jpg

OleDirtyBastard
12-26-2004, 07:32 PM
I heard that bonda weighs alot, I also heard taht people use some stuff called squadron putty or something like that, and I heard it was litghter then bondo.

NSX
12-28-2004, 03:56 AM
How the hell did you do that EK Hatch?

aznballa2k4
12-28-2004, 11:59 PM
the hatch is just a 1/43 scale model. i just do custom stuff with my tamiya epoxy putty. the lip is custom made. as you can see the skirts on the hatch is still underconstruction. i dont' really do xmods but since i have time i might come back and finish up my rsx project. finished polishing my rsx today might post pics tomorrow in my old thread. those models i posted is just a preview of what i'm capable doing on an xmod. sorry for hijacking your thread, Mr. Bull.

BlackSky909
12-29-2004, 12:04 AM
That ispretty cool how much will u sell that unpainted supra body or w/e the hell taht is?

aznballa2k4
12-29-2004, 12:32 AM
thanks for the comment. are you talking about the prelude with the s15 headlight conversion? you must be new and don't know me. i don't sell any of my work. reason why i don't sell my work is b/c it takes up my time, i take pride in what i have accomplished and it's HAND MADE(not an add on part).

Acura_NSX
12-30-2004, 12:46 AM
Is their any thing that are safe and like bondo//putty?

aznballa2k4
12-30-2004, 01:06 AM
pretty much anything that you sand is not good for your health because of the small particles flying around. but definitely Tamiya Epoxy Putty is the safest of them all. has no fumes to cause you being light headed and the dust isn't as damaging. and you could handle it with your hands. Bondo is just the opposite of Tamiya. JB weld is pretty harmful when you sand it. since it has metallic particles in the substance. a little smell but not as bad as bondo. that squadron(however you spell it) stuff, i never used before but it probably has the same effects. the companies knows that their product is harmful and advises their customers to wear a mask when working with it. if you're cautious about your health then wear a mask when you work with it. it's pretty much long term use of the product to cause bad health. well kinda depend on age,gender and body type.