PDA

View Full Version : Motor questions

XspuXtXnikX
12-09-2004, 12:42 AM
I want to try and wind my own motors but someone told me I needed to be sure that the motor did not burn up or mess up the electronics from pulling too much power through it. In winding a motor how can I test it to make sure it wont mess up the stock electronics or overheat? Am I looking for amp output, voltage??? I am confused and can anyone tell me a good place that has decent prices to get things such as neomags bb cans and carbon brushes wire and is there a basic guide on what is the best amount of turns with a certain gauge wire...??? Any help will be appreciated

jpringlephoto
12-15-2004, 04:29 AM
I used to wire all my motors, it took time and you have to watch the wire thickness, resistance and how many winds plus the winding direction.
Then you shaould have a good solder joint and a clean commutator.
Ty it and measure it up against an existing one. Then test it when DISCONNECTED from the car.
See the difference between a stock, a stage 2 and then your wind.
Check the voltage all throughout the run and resistance and amperage draw. It would be too small to just use a mega meter, but that helps in some larger motor cases.
Be safe and try it out. Dont get mad if it burns out. Its part of the experimental arena.

XspuXtXnikX
12-15-2004, 05:07 PM
ok I am going to get a few xtra junk moters to tinker with till. I know exactly what I am doing