PDA

View Full Version : i need some stuff explained to me

speed racer
12-08-2004, 11:35 PM
what is an esc? what does it do? how do you adapt the voltage of your car? i want to insert this system: Mamba 25 Brushless ESC + brushless Lrazor-300 motor + kokam 340 lithium polymer battery. what would i have to adapt wirewise to make this work without frying my system?

dtpsupra
12-09-2004, 03:27 PM
idk

viperdout
12-09-2004, 04:54 PM
what is an esc? what does it do? how do you adapt the voltage of your car? i want to insert this system: Mamba 25 Brushless ESC + brushless Lrazor-300 motor + kokam 340 lithium polymer battery. what would i have to adapt wirewise to make this work without frying my system?

You've obviously seen brickmodder's car, since you don't know enough to think of this yourself. Do you even know what the rest of these things do? Lemme define some things for you, so you understand what I'm saying:

Receiver- receives command from your controller, then sends the command to your ESC.
ESC- Electronic Speed Controller.
Transmitter- A controller, like the xmod controller.

On Brick's car, it is not a voltage adapter, but rather an adapter so that it reads the signal from the stock ESC, then inputs it into the Mamba ESC and tells it what to do. It pretty much converts the stock xmod electronics into a really big receiver, because an aftermarket ESC cannot understand an xmod receiver. I am personally working a brushless xmod, and Brick beat me to completion.

The other thing that tipped me off to you not knowing much is that you mentionned a kokam 340 lithium ploymer. One of those only kicks out 3.6 volts, meaning your car would be really slow on 1. If you did this, you need 3 li-pos. Also, you picked out the same motor, which is not very fast.

If you could have this done, it'd cost about 600 bucks. Atomic Mods had the high bid on the brushless as of last night, and if Rob wins it, it's very possible that he will start making the circuit.

speed racer
12-09-2004, 05:10 PM
chill bro, i gave the modders thing as an example. it is confusing enough to root out noobies who could not adequately answer my question.

viperdout
12-09-2004, 05:21 PM
chill bro, i gave the modders thing as an example. it is confusing enough to root out noobies who could not adequately answer my question.

Uh huh...

speed racer
12-09-2004, 05:22 PM
thanks. so for the man with about $100 to spend initially, what would make the fastest drag car?

viperdout
12-09-2004, 05:31 PM
thanks. so for the man with about $100 to spend initially, what would make the fastest drag car?

Does that include the price of a new car or no? I'll assume that's it's 100 to spend on the car. Go for a Stage 2 motor upgrade, AWD (modern car) or bodykit (old car for big tires), bearings (tinyrc.com's shielded), then spend the remaining 50 on Rayovac IC3s and 8 IC3 AAAs. They charge in 15 minutes, and last a really long time.

speed racer
12-09-2004, 07:10 PM
ive got the car, the stage two, bearings, AWD, and rubber tires already

viperdout
12-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Then get a li-ion kit, fets (if you can't solder, you will need both installed, and if you just don't have a steady hand, you'll want the fets installed by someone else), and a pn racing S03 (www.pnracing.com), and a pinion puller, so you can put you pinion on the S03.

speed racer
12-09-2004, 08:07 PM
ok so what is the best motor i can get if i have stacked FET's without frying the electronics?

viperdout
12-09-2004, 08:35 PM
ok so what is the best motor i can get if i have stacked FET's without frying the electronics?

A single stack of 4652 fets is sufficent. They are sold here, as well as many other places. I suggest the PN racing S03.

speed racer
12-09-2004, 10:55 PM
how about increased range for the remote? where can i a get better antenna? where can i find custom bodies?

viperdout
12-10-2004, 07:16 PM
how about increased range for the remote? where can i a get better antenna? where can i find custom bodies?

Mini-Z bodies fit, as well as some models. You're gonna have to do a lot of searching for an antenna.

dtpsupra
12-13-2004, 05:28 PM
what is mini-z

viperdout
12-13-2004, 08:22 PM
what is mini-z

A 1:28th scale R/C.

dtpsupra
12-14-2004, 08:04 AM
ok