PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

blindman8
04-07-2007, 09:52 PM
I went to my friend's house yesterday and played his Wii and I was just wondering if anyone had one and if you do have one how much did you pay for it and where did you get it? How do you like it? I loved it even though all I got to do was make my own mii person and bowl 2 games. But would you suggest me getting it?

firebird999
04-08-2007, 09:07 PM
definately. i have one, it rules, and i got it at target for 250 bucks

blindman8
04-08-2007, 09:23 PM
cool because when I look on the Target web site it does not come up but thanks I found one at K-Mart for $250 and a big kit at Wal-Mart for $500. Right now if I do a crap load of work I'll be able to get it in about 2-3 weeks:)

Skyline5654
04-08-2007, 11:24 PM
The wii is awesome my friend has one and it is very fun to play
Bondo- what is up with you? You have been dissing alot of people. I didn't do one thing to you, and I closed that thread because it was only talking about the new 360 and it went in the discussion to the wii so that makes me a wannabe mod? Yeah I could see how it could talk about the PS3 as I talked a little about that too.

coolcar24th
04-08-2007, 11:37 PM
I had a wii. But a sold it on ebay for like $355. I have a PS3 now. I suggest you buy the wii. It is a nice system and can be very fun. The only problem I see, is that most games are a bunch of mini games put together. Now if you want hardcore gaming buy a PS3 or Xbox360.

texan_idiot25
04-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Back ontopic: If you want some stupid fun, simple fun Ill add onto that, the wee is a fun thing for an afternoon of gaming. But its not a serious game system, with the exception of a couple of games. Its like the difference between Mario Party, and God of War.

sweetvette
04-09-2007, 02:00 AM
mhhmm totally agree with everything in that post.
if you want a wii, save yourself some money and by a gameboy.
you get the same cheesey minigames, but cheaper and in a sleeker package.

texan_idiot25
04-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Lol, thats the best picture ever... so universal.

Were gonna possibly be slapped with some infractions. :D oh well...

sweetvette
04-09-2007, 02:11 AM
who cares, its not like i'll kill myself cuz i cant get onto an xmods website.

texan_idiot25
04-09-2007, 02:22 AM
:nod: I know, right? lol

Anyhoo, Wii is a fun thing, but IMO not a seriouse gaming monster. If thats what you want, then stick with it. But mind you, it might go the same plan as DS, which was offer some 'revolutionary' game plays, makes some games that used it poorly, then fall behind when Sony released something better. Sad, but rather true. I just dont thing Wee will last the same shelf life of PS3, or even the self destructive ex-box tree-city.

WRX Ryder
04-09-2007, 03:56 AM
i got a wii from walmart.$250 not including tax but i also bought 2 year insurance with it so it was more.i got 4 games right now which are all awesome. red steel,warioware,ultimate alliance,wii sports, and cooking mama(sounds weird but its fun!!).you can also buy oldschool games(cheap) from the menu like sonic,mario,contra,etc.those are awesome to.I REALLY RECCOMEND GETTING IT.maybe you should wait cuz i read somewhere,dunno if its true or not,that nintendo is going to make a dvd wii.i forgot where i read it.if you want more info i also reccomend subscribing to nintendos mag "nintendo power".very informative.oh well i cant mention everything!!!

sweetvette
04-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I guess the wii would be okay for passing time, but the downside is that you can't put it in your car and play on roadtrips, like normal systems.

xmodificationer
04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
i have the wii i slept the night at target the night before it came out it was only 250 bucks which is good considering what your getting

blindman8
04-13-2007, 09:27 PM
thanks guys P.S. this kid at school said that he got the Wii the day it came out an extra controller a couple of games and a kit for it or something but he said that he paid like $500 for it and I don't have that kind of money:( :cry: that is also why I don't get a PS3 amongst other reasons

Sweed
04-13-2007, 09:45 PM
mhhmm totally agree with everything in that post.
if you want a wii, save yourself some money and by a gameboy.
you get the same cheesey minigames, but cheaper and in a sleeker package.

Gameboy Micro and some WarioWare Games and you have a wii....

I've never played with a wii, but it sounds kinda funny when you say "I went over to my friend's house and played with his wii"....

Were gonna possibly be slapped with some infractions. :D oh well...

It's not like we (you) have been stirring up havok on XMW either.... Getting threads locked, you defending civics.... Let's put it in the words of Cheezman:

You and a Ford?

The world is ending.

Oh well. I guess I'm gonna go play with my imaginary wii...

Back on topic, what are some good games for the wii that you can play all day?

sweetvette
04-13-2007, 09:50 PM
you got something against guys playing with each others wii's?

Sweed
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM

You didn't know Texan was into guys? :lol: :p

Well. I don't. Just don't play with my wii, or play with your's (or his) around me!

bondo
04-13-2007, 09:58 PM
thanks guys P.S. this kid at school said that he got the Wii the day it came out an extra controller a couple of games and a kit for it or something but he said that he paid like $500 for it and I don't have that kind of money:( :cry: that is also why I don't get a PS3 amongst other reasons

it might be a bit "off topic" and might get this thread closed but for $500.00 i could think of sooooo many other things i would rather buy then a nontendo wii. yup, i said nontendo.
gaming platforms aside.....$500.00 would put new carpet and seats in my car.
or hell it could even be a down payment on a PS3/Xbox"elite":lol:
500 bux is a helluvalot of money to throw at an inferior gaming system when there are better things to spend your money on.
nintendo could throw in 4 wireless controllers,3 top title games and a reg. nintendo with supermario/duckhunt combo + the gun. i still wouldnt pay $500.00 for it.

just my HOP though;)
cheers,

firebird999
04-14-2007, 08:55 AM

roflmao!!! thats my new sig!!! if it was unintended to be funny its basically that it sound like guys playing with what little kids call their "wee"

texan_idiot25
04-14-2007, 01:04 PM
HEY LETS GO PLAY WITH MY WII AFTER SCHOOL

HEY MAN, I CAN PLAY WITH MY WII ALL NIGHT

EVEN MY MOM LIKES MY WII

MY WII IS BETTER THAN YOUR WII

MAN, MY WII IS SMALL

PS3 BLOWS (AWAY) MY WII

all of these are as innocent as disney movies unless your sick in the head.

blindman8
04-14-2007, 01:06 PM
roflmao!!! thats my new sig!!! if it was unintended to be funny its basically that it sound like guys playing with what little kids call their "wee"

Disturbing yet oddly funny:lol: and btw that kid is a total idiot for gettin that stuff for $500 I would never pay hat kind of cash for a game system but he says that his grandpa is like rich he won the lottery or something so he didn't pay a cent of that $500 what a fatty and yes he is fat

jimmythekid1
04-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I want a Wii I might get one I'm torn between the Wii and the PS3, honestly I will mostlike get both, but the wii first because I can't spend 600 on a ps3, but when it has price cut I will get it. But before I any of them I'm going to buy a DS, I have barrowed both from friends and the PSP has a few good games but the DS seems to be more fun to me.

Keep in mind that I'm old and my first system the atari had one button and the grapics were the **** when it came out.

FreakinMexiRican
04-23-2007, 08:29 PM
LIKE MOST people have said, it's good for passing time. it's GREAT when you and your friends are drunk and want to **** around. if you want some real gaming though, you have to go with ps3 or 360 elite. personally, i have wii just to pass time w/ friends. we get together and **** around with bowling after we've had a couple 40oz. the 360 is for online gamiing and racing. stuff like that. that's me though. everyone is different. most of us are nintendo gen kids. so we can't put it down just cuz it's not up to par. i grew up nintendo and i love the wii. i also love my 360 and plan on picking up a 360 elite along with the new installment of halo...HALO 3!!! BUT LIKE i said, that's just me. for 250 plus a few games, your looking at 350 tops. not a bad price if you ask me.