PDA

View Full Version : Xmod Motor Manufacturer and Specs?

QuenteK25
04-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know who the manufacturer of these motors is? I need to get the specs on the Stage 1 Evo motor for a school project.

We have to make a car that is powered purely by charged capacitors. So we used the xmod as the base for it and the stage 1 motor, but in order to model the system we need to know the specs for it so we can calculate the changes we need to make when we're told how far to make it go on the spot.

So if anyone knows the manufacturer or has that info it would be greatly appreciated. We've called radio shack and they won't tell us a thing, I assume they think we are competitors or something.

Thanks guys

jabari
04-04-2007, 04:53 PM
PM musclecars4life and ask him.

REDisFASTER
04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm not 100% sure on this because I rarely look at the xmod motor, but considering its an open-endbell design (unliked the locked endbells made by Johnson motors), I'd say its a Mabuchi branded motor. I could be wrong. Ask Red, he's the resident motor guru.

HazyDestruction
04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
i work at rs. been there about 3 years now. i can tell you off the bat, that rs manufactured the motors. they're the same type we make for any application. you can find them in the parts drawers. only difference is that we use ferret type magnets in those motors. the only way you can get the specs is to call the manufacturing office in fort worth, texas. that's it. good luck finding the number, i don't even have it.

mini-z drift
04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
well you can buy a mini-z x-speed motor:
manufacturer-Mabuchi Motor Pat.
rmps at 6v-35,919 ( 1.2 amps draw)
rpms at 8.4v- 45,950 (1.6 amps draw)