PDA

View Full Version : How do I identify if my Xmod Evo is burned out??

TheB1GDude
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
OK so this is my story - I have an Xmod Evo Lancer Evo VIII it runs stock electronics with LITHS and a stock motor, yesterday I went to run it and it was dead so I assumed the LITHS needed charging - I plugged them into charge for a few hours came back and one of the LITH cells had popped so the whole pack was dead!

Now even though they hadn't been connected to the car I wanted to check that it was still good, so plugged in another set of exactly the same type of LITHS and it was fine - the servo line up and the wheels turned.

Later in the day I plugged in a different set of LITHS and I heard this tiny clicking noise - I didn't think much of it but my car was gone! No matter what batteries I plug into it it doesn't power up!

So I took the plate off so I could see the board and I will be ****ed if I can see any burnt out components on it! It doesn't smell burnt out and I don't see any damage to the FET's - obviously something is wrong because it doesn't power up but I thought I would ask to see if anyone had any simple troubleshooting tips I could try out on it??

Thanks.

BART
04-05-2007, 12:05 AM
This is probably a long shot but... the tiny clicking you heard could be electrical arcing, check for battery voltage at the board and see if maybe one of your connections came loose. Another slick trick is to plug it in in a completely dark room and watch for blue arcs as you move wires around or lightly press on different parts of the board.

TheB1GDude
04-05-2007, 09:43 AM
This is probably a long shot but... the tiny clicking you heard could be electrical arcing, check for battery voltage at the board and see if maybe one of your connections came loose. Another slick trick is to plug it in in a completely dark room and watch for blue arcs as you move wires around or lightly press on different parts of the board.

OK thanks for that! As far as I can tell that click or arc only occurred once - now everything is dead! But I will test in the darkness to see what happens!

As for the wiring as far as I can tell all of my solder joints are good so I dont think thats the problem!

I think I killed it!!! :nodno: