PDA

View Full Version : drifting

deerman270
12-07-2004, 03:37 PM
what does the drifting kit do :-?

ShadowDawg
12-07-2004, 05:28 PM
i just opened my drift kit today basically the wheels are plastic have barely any traction whatsoever and help u drift like a pro.

i just set up my car for drifting heres my set up

Stage 2 Drift Motor White( for torque )
Hard Shocks(Blue) in the front
Soft Shocks(Red) in the back
4.5 degree tie rod
Drifting Kit
and the Battery Holders slid all the way up

im new to xmods so some of u pros out there tell me what ya think :nod:

skyline19
12-07-2004, 07:04 PM
id get awd or else u spin i circles

ShadowDawg
12-08-2004, 03:59 AM
o yea i got AWD too

i tried her out on my tile floor with her batts nearly dead and she drifts great gonna try her with a fresh set of batts tomorow

cant wait to get my rehargeables

toulouse
12-24-2004, 01:52 AM
couldnt you just put on your hard treads and drift or spraay windex on the floor :-? :ukliam:

c-flo77
12-27-2004, 03:50 PM
the hard treads have some traction and u won't be able to control when the car will slide or not. Also, u should use wd-40 instead of windex. i tried it before i got my drift kit and it worked okay :nod:

sleepyzze110
12-27-2004, 06:44 PM
here's my setup, i'm not done with it yet

-honda civic starter kit
-awd
-blue springs in front
-stock springs in back (which spring is better in rear, yellow or red?)
-3.0 tie rod

i had a gtr a while back, but the motor wires broke, and the radio reception was horrible, something got fried, so i gave it to my cousin, now i'm getting back into it and i just bought my stuff yesterday

which motor is best with drifting and is safe wtih the stock electronics/fet if used for a long period of time? also, would a lith ion battery conversion be good? i'm currently on stock 4 cell, and i have no experience with soldering

is the drifting kit worth 10 bucks?

and i heard i should use the stock white gear in the front for awd set up? what does this do

NSX
12-28-2004, 02:28 AM
I got the drifting kit...

I was disappointed...